Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Are they still around?

Are they still around?
2017-08-07, 13:25
RE: Are they still around?
I think MISO based on my limited understanding might be one of the speakers that would benefit the most going exakt.

I heard Exakt Kabers, and while very good, Exakt Miso would be a perfect solution. A good source fist system could be paired without exploding the nr of amps and cables required. Exakt will make a bigger difference than three tweeters most probably.

KDSM/2+K320A+K345A, Linn Classik Music+Unik, [KDSM/R + LP12, Akito 2/B, Klyde+Lingo 2, Linto (not currently in use)]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-09, 21:27
I have Misos since a couple of years. Originally I had a Majik DSM as a source. About two years ago I went EXAKT. Sold the Majik DSM (didn't have EXAKT links), bought an Akurate Exakt DSM, and the Majik Exaktbox. Refitted the speakers ...
The difference was incredible. Nobody could believe that it were still the same speakers.
I can only recommend picking up Misos. Once in a while you can find rather cheap ones secondhand and take them EXAKT.

Why did Linn dump them anyway?
2017-08-10, 06:17
I currently have active misos with Mdsm & 6100.
Have not heard them exakt, but i would like to take the path there.
2017-08-11, 20:59
(2017-08-10 06:17)Rulah Wrote:  I currently have active misos with Mdsm & 6100.
Have not heard them exakt, but i would like to take the path there.

If you take this upgrade path, I'd suggest buying an AEB10 or two AEB6s, if your budget allows it. In your setup, an MEB doesn't make much sense. As in your current setup, the MDSM will be driving two channels and the 6100 the six remaining ones.

YMMV, but I'd recommend that your MDSM is driving the bass in this particular Exakt setup.

It's also worth to mention that you shouldn't buy the AEB right now. Katalyst is coming down to the Akkurate level, hence I'd would wait until it's released.

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2017-08-29, 09:31
Well having those MISOS for a few days at my place, we came to the conclusion that we will be no friends for a long term relationship. Somehow I preferred the way they displayed the bass in the room, totally different (more precise) VS M140. Nevertheless, I missed the "mids"!!! Those MISOS gave me the opportunity listening to music in a different way. While changing back to the M140 I tuned-in my oldies again with a astonishing result (without help of paulsurround :-) ) ..... improved musicality. Finally I discovered those Super-Tweeters/Tweeter CAN play together (with help of less SO).
All by all I am vary happy & satisfied with the M140; they are more mine "thing" of "just listening" to music Cool. They please me a lot .... even without isobaric bass. Thanks & Cheers.