Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Instructional Videos For Setting Up SPACE Optimization?

Instructional Videos For Setting Up SPACE Optimization?
2017-07-29, 21:08
RE: Instructional Videos For Setting Up SPACE Optimization?
Thank you everyone for the feedback.

I am encouraged. Big Grin

I want to hear whether Linn would be okay with this, as it will be a big endeavour.

I would like to see some videos on how to set up a Linn network, NAS etc, for running a DS system, from someone like MikeSpragg, DavidHB, Briain, or some other Linnie with expertise. Smile

Cheers

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-07-30, 08:15
What a brilliant idea. I would like to recommend myself idiot enough to see if the video/ instructions are easy to use. My qualifications for this supporting role are 2BA Nuts and Bolts (a qualification normally understood by the much older engineers amongst us). Can my Pookah help as well?

Harvey and Pookah
2017-07-30, 09:47 (This post was last modified: 2017-07-30 09:49 by Donald.)
(2017-07-30 08:15)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  What a brilliant idea. I would like to recommend myself idiot enough to see if the video/ instructions are easy to use. My qualifications for this supporting role are 2BA Nuts and Bolts (a qualification normally understood by the much older engineers amongst us). Can my Pookah help as well?

Hi Harvey and your Pookah

As one of my other main interests is restoration of Vintage Valve Radios I'm always on the look out for BA screw thread nuts, bolts and washers.

This is an excellent site providing a huge range of different sizes in both steel and brass:-

http://www.ba-bolts.co.uk/

Sorry Paul, drifting off topic - would be good if there were Cameo parts for members of the Premier Inn Gang (although you would be taking a risk with Avalon's shirts!) while others may be interested in applying to be an Extra? No doubt you will be swamped by volunteers to play the part of an irate SWMBO!! Big Grin
2017-07-30, 17:48
(2017-07-30 09:47)Donald Wrote:  
(2017-07-30 08:15)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  What a brilliant idea. I would like to recommend myself idiot enough to see if the video/ instructions are easy to use. My qualifications for this supporting role are 2BA Nuts and Bolts (a qualification normally understood by the much older engineers amongst us). Can my Pookah help as well?

Hi Harvey and your Pookah

As one of my other main interests is restoration of Vintage Valve Radios I'm always on the look out for BA screw thread nuts, bolts and washers.

This is an excellent site providing a huge range of different sizes in both steel and brass:-

http://www.ba-bolts.co.uk/

Sorry Paul, drifting off topic - would be good if there were Cameo parts for members of the Premier Inn Gang (although you would be taking a risk with Avalon's shirts!) while others may be interested in applying to be an Extra? No doubt you will be swamped by volunteers to play the part of an irate SWMBO!! Big Grin

Thanks Donald and Harvey for volunteering to be cast in the new movie on SPACE Optimization.

With a budget to produce the film in the $150 million range, we could hire some A list actors and actresses to play the parts.

Brad Pitt is my obvious double, so he could play the lead in my role. He can look intently as he listens to music, and then selectively press some buttons on the laptop to change one of the SPACE optimization room modes, while giving out a sigh of relief as another room mode is conquered.

I volunteer for being in the gratuitous sex scenes, with Jessica Alba and Reese Witherspoon.

We could have Steven Spielberg produce the film, and then everyone will think that SPACE Optimization is a SciFi movie like Star Wars?

Cameo appearances would be essential from the Linn Forum members, and Avalon could be the costume designer, for this obvious futuristic movie, where everyone wears smartly pressed cotton long sleeve striped shirts, while listening to music. Of course we would use extra starch for a dazzling effect. Tongue

Sorry Avalon. RolleyesTongue

The story opens with a scene from deep space, and a space craft of unknown origin being chased by a Romulan warship, with an opening salvo of phaser fire and photon torpedoes. One of the torpedoes, blows up the alien craft, and we see floating debris field.

The captain's last message, "If only we had used our SPACE optimization profiles, we could have jumped to warp 10 and evaded the Romulans"

Then we pan out into my living room, where we do a close up of one of the 3K arrays, to give the impression we are dealing with alien technology.

I'm still working on the script, but you will all have a roll in the movie.

We could spice it up with creatures from other planets in a bar scene, with funny looking aliens playing jazz instruments, as I know many of you will want to volunteer for the bar scene. Big Grin

Please send me a personal message to express interest in being a cast member.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
2017-07-30, 18:06
(2017-07-30 17:48)Paulssurround Wrote:  We could spice it up with creatures from other planets in a bar scene, with funny looking aliens playing jazz instruments, as I know many of you will want to volunteer for the bar scene.

It was sounding good until the above paragraph - if it's a bar scene with jazz playing then Linn will insist on Claire Martin or Joe Stilgoe!

I've always thought there was something Brad Pitt in your appearance. Big Grin

I'm a bit concerned that it will be low-budget $150 million production.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2017-07-30, 18:53
I heard that Reese Lostherspoon, so she won't be able to be of much help.
Bread Spit has other obligations, but I'm sure we can convince Crisp Rat to play your role.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-07-31, 07:57
We could have Steven Spielberg produce the film, and then everyone will think that SPACE Optimization is a SciFi movie like Star Wars?

Cameo appearances would be essential from the Linn Forum members, and Avalon could be the costume designer, for this obvious futuristic movie, where everyone wears smartly pressed cotton long sleeve striped shirts, while listening to music. Of course we would use extra starch for a dazzling effect. Tongue

[/quote]

My goodness, always taking the urine out of me, EhBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin I cant believe that you my good friend would stoop so lowTongue

Actually a video of your SO techniques would be excellent. I have been fortunate enough to see you at work a few times and it is a very thorough and rewarding approach.
I tested last week your latest SO on my system against calculated and I smiled Paul at just how good you are, thanks again and start working on that videoBig Grin

Oh I am away to Italy this week for over two weeks so no stripped shirts just shorts and T shirtsTongueTongue, just like you Paul.....

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM, Akurate Exaktbox 10, two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2017-07-31, 08:12
(2017-07-31 07:57)avalon Wrote:  We could have Steven Spielberg produce the film, and then everyone will think that SPACE Optimization is a SciFi movie like Star Wars?

My goodness, always taking the urine out of me, EhBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin I cant believe that you my good friend would stoop so lowTongue

Actually a video of your SO techniques would be excellent. I have been fortunate enough to see you at work a few times and it is a very thorough and rewarding approach.
I tested last week your latest SO on my system against calculated and I smiled Paul at just how good you are, thanks again and start working on that videoBig Grin

Oh I am away to Italy this week for over two weeks so no stripped shirts just shorts and T shirtsTongueTongue, just like you Paul.....

Avalon
[/quote]

Thanks for the encouragement to produce the video(s). Big Grin

Glad my SPACE optimization works in your wonderful Linn system.

Have a great trip to Italy !!!

Don't forget to pack the suntan lotion. Shy

Exakt Surround 5.0:
2017-07-31, 10:15
Good idea Paul!!! Can I bring then the Link on the Phino Site?

Greetings Jörn (sorry for my awful english)
Hörland - Over 40 years LINN
Open Source Seite: http://www.jpo-aktuell.de/OpenSource.php

New LP12, Radikal, Urika, Kore, Ekos SE, Kristal / QNAP 569 Pro / RME UCX
Akurate Exakt DSM2 / Kinsky (Minim) - Sneaky
Akubarik with Amp Stands / Silvercable - Unik / K200
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-07-31, 10:51
Is it finished yet?! Waiting for the Blu-Ray version....