Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums

Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums
2017-08-02, 17:07
Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums
Feature request:

I am accumulating favourite albums in My Tidal and would like to be able to sort them in different manners than just alphabetical... the feature exists in the Tidal app and also in Lumin... So, is this possible???

Has this been asked before?

ADS/0D - MK - A4200 - Aktiv Keilidh - Sizmik
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-03, 07:13
RE: Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums
Could not support this request more and would appreciate this for Qobuz also.
2017-08-06, 19:47
This request has my vote also!

Tidal.app allows sorting by:

- Date added
- Title
- Artist
- Release date

Main: ADSM/1, KCT/1, Rogers Monitor 8.0
Bedroom: Raspberry PI, AQ Dragonfly 1.2, '96 Majik-I, ('active') Citronic ST-5
Workroom: iMac, NuForce HDP, Klout, Mission M31
2017-08-13, 05:44
Put simply, I want Tidal to work the same through Kazoo as it does directly through Tidal. It doesn't. I also want to be able to sort my albums other than how Kazoo allows. Seems like a simple fix....
2017-08-13, 07:13
(2017-08-13 05:44)StasiaO Wrote:  Put simply, I want Tidal to work the same through Kazoo as it does directly through Tidal. It doesn't. I also want to be able to sort my albums other than how Kazoo allows. Seems like a simple fix....

Things are never quite as simple as they seem, and I don't think it's purely up to Kazoo. I don't know, but as Qobuz favourites are sorted by date added, it may well be entirely up to the server end, and kazoo simply displays what it gets in the order it gets them.
It probably requires work at both ends.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-08-15, 23:59
One more vote for this!

I would like to order my albums like I do with my LP's... artist then album name.

Serge
2017-09-20, 15:21
Yeah I agree, I would really love this feature. The Tidal functionality is great, but lack of flexible sorting is annoying when you have a sizable number of favourites. A newly added favorite is lost into the melee, and since they are sorted by album name I need to remember the name of the new LP to find it (whereas I'm much more likely to remember 'that new LP by xxx'). Meanwhile the search function searches the whole Tidal database, so it's not efficient for searching favorites.

Right now I use Tidal app on my iPad, sorted by date added, to find the names of new favourited LPs, and then I scroll through favourites on desktop Kazoo to find them ... a workaround but not very user-friendly.

Tidal sorting would be perfect, especially with Date Added.
2017-09-20, 15:34 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-20 15:35 by timster.)
(2017-09-20 15:21)santaclara023 Wrote:  Yeah I agree, I would really love this feature. The Tidal functionality is great, but lack of flexible sorting is annoying when you have a sizable number of favourites. A newly added favorite is lost into the melee, and since they are sorted by album name I need to remember the name of the new LP to find it (whereas I'm much more likely to remember 'that new LP by xxx'). Meanwhile the search function searches the whole Tidal database, so it's not efficient for searching favorites.

Right now I use Tidal app on my iPad, sorted by date added, to find the names of new favourited LPs, and then I scroll through favourites on desktop Kazoo to find them ... a workaround but not very user-friendly.

Tidal sorting would be perfect, especially with Date Added.

I feel your pain.
You could try Qobuz, which sorts favourites by date added in Kazoo.
Or - and this is a bit noddy but sort of works if you only ever use Kazoo on one device - rather that use Tidal favourites, you could create Saved Playlists for each artist, and add your favourite albums into that artist's playlists. You can then find the artist a little easier and select the particular album to play.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-10-15, 10:00
I feel your pain.
Or - and this is a bit noddy but sort of works if you only ever use Kazoo on one device - rather that use Tidal favourites, you could create Saved Playlists for each artist, and add your favourite albums into that artist's playlists. You can then find the artist a little easier and select the particular album to play.
[/quote]

Yeah, date added make so much more sense but Qobuz not available in my territory. The playlist idea is not a bad shout but I use Kazoo on a number of devices.

Another sort option doesn't sound like a lot to ask ... ?
2017-10-15, 10:24
(2017-10-15 10:00)santaclara023 Wrote:  I feel your pain.

Yeah, date added make so much more sense but Qobuz not available in my territory. The playlist idea is not a bad shout but I use Kazoo on a number of devices.

Another sort option doesn't sound like a lot to ask ... ?
[/quote]

It takes two to tango. Both Linn and Tidal need to change the integration.
Will think of other ways...

Hello to Jason Isaacs