Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-19, 20:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums

Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums
2017-10-15, 12:57
RE: Kazoo Tidal sort favourite albums
(2017-09-20 15:21)santaclara023 Wrote:  Yeah I agree, I would really love this feature. The Tidal functionality is great, but lack of flexible sorting is annoying when you have a sizable number of favourites. A newly added favorite is lost into the melee, and since they are sorted by album name I need to remember the name of the new LP to find it (whereas I'm much more likely to remember 'that new LP by xxx'). Meanwhile the search function searches the whole Tidal database, so it's not efficient for searching favorites.

Right now I use Tidal app on my iPad, sorted by date added, to find the names of new favourited LPs, and then I scroll through favourites on desktop Kazoo to find them ... a workaround but not very user-friendly.

Tidal sorting would be perfect, especially with Date Added.

How about adding the ones you find in the Tidal app you want to listen to to a 'temporary' Tidal playlist. Then use Kazoo to access the playlist. Delete when done.
Saves having to scroll to/search for it in Tidal on Kazoo again.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-26, 19:08
I'd really like this functionality as well.

Klimax DS/1, Klimax Twin, Akkurate 212s, Sizmik, Sneaky DS & Tukans (bedroom), Sneaky DS & AVI Neutrons (office)
Find all posts by this user
2017-10-26, 22:58
(2017-10-15 12:57)timster Wrote:  How about adding the ones you find in the Tidal app you want to listen to to a 'temporary' Tidal playlist. Then use Kazoo to access the playlist. Delete when done.
Saves having to scroll to/search for it in Tidal on Kazoo again.

That's exactly what I do despite it being far from a perfect solution. Works ok.

Akurate DSM/1, Akurate 4200, Katans (Aktiv).

Majik DSM/2, Majik 4100, Katans (Aktiv).

Majik DSM/2, Acoustic Energy AE1 Active.

Synology DS212j NAS.

Denon AH-D7000, Shure SRH-1540, Beyerdynamic DT880, Grado SR80e, Meridian Prime, Meridian Explorer 2, Audioquest Dragonfly Black.
Find all posts by this user