Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-19, 21:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Loosing control with Exakt...?

Loosing control with Exakt...?
2017-08-12, 11:15
RE: Loosing control with Exakt...?
(2017-08-12 10:55)RaZo Wrote:  
(2017-08-11 18:49)BB1 Wrote:  @RaZo

An MDSM together with an MEB gives you the biggest number of options when in comes to amplification, since the MEB allows you to choose between internal and external one.

For instance, you could decide not to sell your C4200 and let it taking care of four channels, but that would be most likely out of your budget. The more interesting option is, that your MDSM can provide 2 channels of amplification in your setup. I’d strongly suggest to try driving the bass from the MDSM, not the MEB. Please see this thread how it can be done.

IMHO the overall SQ of the MEB noticeable benefits from not providing the high power for the bass.

That sounds interessting. Unfortunatly the link doesn't work...
Actually i thought, deactivating the poweramp in the MDSM will improve the source quality, not right?

In the traditional Ds scenario, yes. But with an Exaktbox doing all the work and handling all the delicate d-a processes, the Ds is doing little more than a bit of number crunching, so turning the amp on won't do any harm. Either way, you'd have the ability to try both and see which sounds best. If nothing else you'll be taking a bit of heat out of the Exaktbox by using the Ds amp.

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Exaktbox Sub - BK Sub
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-13, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-13 15:37 by BB1.)
RE: Loosing control with Exakt...?
(2017-08-12 11:06)timster Wrote:  

An MDSM together with an MEB gives you the biggest number of options when in comes to amplification, since the MEB allows you to choose between internal and external one.

For instance, you could decide not to sell your C4200 and let it taking care of four channels, but that would be most likely out of your budget. The more interesting option is, that your MDSM can provide 2 channels of amplification in your setup. I’d strongly suggest to try driving the bass from the MDSM, not the MEB. Please see this thread how it can be done.

IMHO the overall SQ of the MEB noticeable benefits from not providing the high power for the bass.

Actually i thought, deactivating the poweramp in the MDSM will improve the source quality, not right?

The link was missing it's colon for some reason.
Here it is

Thanks, timster. The link is corrected now.

(2017-08-12 11:15)phino Wrote:  

In the traditional Ds scenario, yes. But with an Exaktbox doing all the work and handling all the delicate d-a processes, the Ds is doing little more than a bit of number crunching, so turning the amp on won't do any harm. Either way, you'd have the ability to try both and see which sounds best. If nothing else you'll be taking a bit of heat out of the Exaktbox by using the Ds amp.

+1

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply