Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-17, 19:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Moved House - 5 Series Reconfiguration

Moved House - 5 Series Reconfiguration
2017-08-10, 12:38
Moved House - 5 Series Reconfiguration
Newcomer here looking for a little advice on the reconfiguration of my 530 and DSM system.
I've recently moved to the North West and my new listening room has some challenges in that it's both L shaped and in the eaves and so has heavily sloping ceilings. I have read a lot of the information that has been discussed on this forum with great interest and I've set up the system using the L shaped room link that someone kindly provided. The problem I now have is that the sound seems full of nasty reflections and lacks depth and can also sound shouty especially with ladies vocals. I've spent some time adjusting the filters as suggested on here but i almost feel like I'm going backwards now.
Can anyone provide any advice / counseling / or perhaps recommend a dealer that has had plenty of experience dealing with odd shaped rooms? I'm based in Southern Manchester now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-11, 08:43
RE: Moved House - 5 Series Reconfiguration
(2017-08-10 12:38)rudester Wrote:  Newcomer here looking for a little advice on the reconfiguration of my 530 and DSM system.
I've recently moved to the North West and my new listening room has some challenges in that it's both L shaped and in the eaves and so has heavily sloping ceilings. I have read a lot of the information that has been discussed on this forum with great interest and I've set up the system using the L shaped room link that someone kindly provided. The problem I now have is that the sound seems full of nasty reflections and lacks depth and can also sound shouty especially with ladies vocals. I've spent some time adjusting the filters as suggested on here but i almost feel like I'm going backwards now.
Can anyone provide any advice / counseling / or perhaps recommend a dealer that has had plenty of experience dealing with odd shaped rooms? I'm based in Southern Manchester now.

Welcome to the North West! I've only a little experience of setting up systems but I know someone who definitely knows what he's doing. That's Chris Brooks of Chris Brooks Audio, he's based in Stockton Heath just south of Warrington so not a million miles from you (just down the M56) the link to his website is http://www.chrisbrooksaudio.com.
I've been getting HiFi equipment from Chris for over 30 years and he's never let me down. I've just had an Akubarik Exakt system set up by him and it's fabulous!

Cheers

Martin
2017-08-11, 22:36
(2017-08-11 08:43)lowemj Wrote:  
(2017-08-10 12:38)rudester Wrote:  Newcomer here looking for a little advice on the reconfiguration of my 530 and DSM system.

Welcome to the North West! I've only a little experience of setting up systems but I know someone who definitely knows what he's doing. That's Chris Brooks of Chris Brooks Audio, he's based in Stockton Heath just south of Warrington so not a million miles from you (just down the M56) the link to his website is http://www.chrisbrooksaudio.com.
I've been getting HiFi equipment from Chris for over 30 years and he's never let me down. I've just had an Akubarik Exakt system set up by him and it's fabulous!

Cheers

Martin

Thanks Martin. I had already looked them up on the internet but it's always good to get a personal recommendation. I take a drive down and have a chat with them.
2017-08-12, 17:38
Glad to help out, phone him before you go down as you wouldn't want to go along when he's out installing a system.

Cheers

Martin