Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Kazoo Sever on QNAP No Longer Showing

Kazoo Sever on QNAP No Longer Showing
2017-08-18, 09:20
Kazoo Sever on QNAP No Longer Showing
Dear Linn,

Since moving my QNAP x86 NAS to a new house with different local IP addresses, my Kazoo Server no longer shows up and the config page doesn't show.

I've re-installed this multiple times and can't get it to work so am using Minimserver for now.

Is there a way of deleting all of this app data to start again because I think it's getting confused!

Thanks,
Alex

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-18, 11:57 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 12:21 by DavidHB.)
RE: Kazoo Sever on QNAP No Longer Showing
The KazooServer manual says that you should

1. Login to the QNAP web interface
2. Click the "App Center" icon
3. Hover over the KazooServer icon and click on "More..."
4. Click the "Remove" button

On my QNAP, you don't hover; there's a drop-down action with a 'Remove' option.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-08-18, 12:11
Thanks David, done that multiple times.

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2017-08-18, 12:39 (This post was last modified: 2017-08-18 12:44 by Briain.)
Hi

You'd think un-installing it would remove everything (so likely it is another problem) but you could always check to see if the installation directory still exists, but it means accessing the Linux part of the NAS and running a few commands to do so. Don't even consider this unless you have a good backup and even if you do, be very careful when in there as you could delete the incorrect thing (in Linux, it is possible to use a single command to delete everything including the operating system and all your music). If unsure, don't even try the below; instead ask someone (who knows their way around a Linux or Mac command line) to help you (based on them reading the contents of this post).

If you are using a Mac or Linux (and are comfortable with command line stuff) then you could use the bundled terminal applet to SSH into the NAS and check (and if the installation directory still exists, delete it) but if using Windows, you'd have to download PuTTY to SSH access the NAS; Windows doesn't come with a decent terminal applet.

I don't use Kazoo server, but just to demonstrate the general process, I created a fake installation directory called 'Kazoomski' (I don't know what the Linn one will be called, but presumably it's called 'Kazoo' or 'LinnKazoo'; should be pretty obvious when you list the directory contents) and below shows the steps to navigate to the NAS equivalent of Windows 'Program Files':

Recent models of Qnap

First, navigate to the Qnap's equivalent of what Windows 'Program Files' directory:

Code:
[/] # cd /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/

Then list the contents:

Code:
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg] # ls
DSv3/           Kazoomski/      QKVM/           autorun@        musicstation/
JRE/            MinimServer/    TwonkyServerEU/ helpdesk/       photostation2/

Then assuming the Linn one is obvious, you can then delete the directory and its contents (it won't be called 'Kazoomski'; I just made that up as an example):

Code:
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg] # rm -R Kazoomski/

Then list the contents (to check it has gone)

Code:
[/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg] # ls
DSv3/           MinimServer/    TwonkyServerEU/ helpdesk/       photostation2/
JRE/            QKVM/           autorun@        musicstation/

Older models of Qnap (probably more than about 3 years old, and older):

Older multi-disk Qnaps have a different folder structure, so instead of CACHEDEV1_DATA the installation directory will be more like the below (from memory):

Code:
[/] # cd /share/MD0_DATA/.qpkg/
(then follow the ls and rm -R steps in the first section)

Older single-disk Qnaps:

Older single-disk Qnaps were again different, with the installations being the below:

Code:
[/] # cd /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/
(then follow the ls and rm -R steps in the first section)

Note that unlike with Windows, Linux is case sensitive (so a file called 'File' can co-exist with one called 'file' and another called 'fiLe'; they are 3 totally different files.

Bri

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2017-08-18, 13:06
Hi Brian,

I had a browse but couldn't find anything as nicely obvious as that when I looked in my shared directory. I feel it may be somewhere else deeper!

Linn? Can you please help?

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2017-08-18, 13:15
(2017-08-18 13:06)alexm Wrote:  Hi Brian,

I had a browse but couldn't find anything as nicely obvious as that when I looked in my shared directory. I feel it may be somewhere else deeper!

Linn? Can you please help?

If you un-installed Kazoo via the Qnap applets interface, I'd expect there not to be a Kazoo installation directory visible, so by its absence, it rather does sound like it has been completely removed.

As you can see by my example, there are also MinimServer, Twonky and Java (the one called JRE) directories in there, so as you have MinimServer installed, you should also see these directories in your NAS (and if so, that would confirm that you are in the correct place and thus that the Linn one definitely doesn't exist). I doubt Linn would install information anywhere else (I would guess that they like to keep it all contained in the one folder) but that is indeed possible (for example, the Twonky ini file is somewhere other than the .qpkg directory, but that was from back in the day when it was embedded with the Qnap operating system, so that was something that Qnap designed to suit their own requirements).

Bri Smile

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2017-09-25, 09:36
Since a newer version has been released this now displays in Kazoo but I have absolutely no album artwork anymore.

Linn, can you help??

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2017-09-27, 08:53
(2017-09-25 09:36)alexm Wrote:  Since a newer version has been released this now displays in Kazoo but I have absolutely no album artwork anymore.

Linn, can you help??

Hi Alex

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with artwork.

Apologies, I missed the original thread or else I'd have jumped in to follow up Bri's very comprehensive post (thanks Bri!) with some further troubleshooting.

In addition to the advice given in that post, to nuke stored settings, the folder to delete should be in /share/homes/admin/.config/Linn/Kazoo Server/ - you should be able to see this folder if you turn on the show hidden files option in the file station.

Some additional troubleshooting questions for your artwork issue:

What QNAP make/model do you have? What firmware version?
Are you running the x86 or x86_64 build of Kazoo Server? (x86 if on 32 bit hardware or on 64 bit hardware but with firmware < 4.3)?

I'm presuming you installed the latest stable, 4.7.1295.
Do you recall what version of Kazoo Server you upgraded from?

What version of Kazoo and what platform were you using?

How are you indexing your music?
If using a library folder, have you tried removing and re-adding the library folder to trigger a library rescan to see if that fixes the issue?

Best wishes
Iain
2017-10-09, 15:48
Hi Iain,

Logging into my QNAP TS-253 I did eventually find these hidden files, my apologies. With these deleted I installed a fresh 64bit version and added the library location.

Very happy to so we're back in action! Sorry for the delay, not had a chance to sit down and check it all out!

Thank you both!!

KDSM/0, Solos, ProAc D18
2017-10-10, 08:54
(2017-10-09 15:48)alexm Wrote:  Hi Iain,

Logging into my QNAP TS-253 I did eventually find these hidden files, my apologies. With these deleted I installed a fresh 64bit version and added the library location.

Very happy to so we're back in action! Sorry for the delay, not had a chance to sit down and check it all out!

Thank you both!!

You're welcome.
Glad it is sorted now!

Cheers
Iain