Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-18, 19:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Stamford Audio Sub chassis

Stamford Audio Sub chassis
2017-09-21, 12:58
RE: Stamford Audio Sub chassis
(2017-09-21 10:44)rkay5 Wrote:  Will there be a Rega mount sub-chassis in future

I am working on it now, it takes a while.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-08, 13:29
The Rega Sub-chassis is done.

[Image: 1Oi1VVG.jpg]
2018-05-20, 22:16 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-20 22:19 by matthias.)
Has anyone actually listened to one of these sub chassis?
There seems to be so far no feedback on the web.
Thanks

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Find all posts by this user
2018-05-20, 23:23
(2018-05-20 22:16)matthias Wrote:  Has anyone actually listened to one of these sub chassis?
There seems to be so far no feedback on the web.
Thanks

Matt

Many of them have been sold, with customers bought one and place the order for the second one. I think they have more than one Linn LP12.

I think most people are very smart, they knew it is one piece sub-chassis, the main point is the flatness of arm board and platter are at the accuracy is 0.05mm, more importantly, same material. Why one need feedback if you know one piece sub-chassis is great. The supplier makes very little stock for the hobby. Can't handle too many sales at one time. Sales enough are enough. Big Grin
2018-05-21, 15:47 (This post was last modified: 2018-05-21 23:02 by matthias.)
(2018-05-20 23:23)Edmund Wrote:  Why one need feedback if you know one piece sub-chassis is great.

Edmund,
there are quite a few one piece sub chassis on the market but they do not deliver the same level of musicality. For example both the Keel and the Greenstreet are one piece.
BTW, it would be nice if you answer the PM I sent to you.
Thanks

Matt

2018-05-22, 01:27
(2018-05-21 15:47)matthias Wrote:  
(2018-05-20 23:23)Edmund Wrote:  Why one need feedback if you know one piece sub-chassis is great.

Edmund,
there are quite a few one piece sub chassis on the market but they do not deliver the same level of musicality. For example both the Keel and the Greenstreet are one piece.
BTW, it would be nice if you answer the PM I sent to you.
Thanks

Matt

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your advice. If I pay for a review, it will be selling well after the review. I have to raise the selling price. That is not what I want to happen. You know if it is one piece sub-chassis, arm board and platter are accurately leveled, no fundamental change in sound. Lighter is better for adjustment of springs to get a better bouncing, it helps. I think some music lovers with experience in adjusting the springs many times. They know what I mean. Smile
2018-05-22, 16:19
(2018-05-22 01:27)Edmund Wrote:  If I pay for a review, it will be selling well after the review. I have to raise the selling price. That is not what I want to happen.

Good attitude! :-)

Matt

2018-06-02, 09:13
Did you buy one Matt?
Looks like a lot of bang for buck but most importantly how does it sound?
2018-06-02, 14:15
(2018-06-02 09:13)mickdale Wrote:  Did you buy one Matt?
Looks like a lot of bang for buck but most importantly how does it sound?

I like what I have seen from it on the pictures in this thread and the standard of finish is very high. From this aspect it is for me the best sub in its price range.
When I resuscitate my LP12 I consider to buy the Aro version.
AFAIK, @tenpercenter here on the forum seems to be happy with it.

Matt

2018-06-02, 14:35
If you know the theory behind the one piece sub-chassis. And you think your amplifiers and loudspeaker has potential to deliver more details, it is a substantial upgrade.

1. The flatness between arm board and platter are much higher precision by CNC machine cutting, 0.05mm discrepancy. It is much better with 3 tiny screws to fix the arm board with sub-chassis. That accuracy would let the cartridge tip cut the groove much better.

2. Both arm board and sub-chassis are the same material, it is better compared with the complex material of wooden arm board and metal sub-chassis.