Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Live Music / Berlin Philharmonic / Season Opening Sir Simon Rattle conducts Haydn's Creation

Berlin Philharmonic / Season Opening Sir Simon Rattle conducts Haydn's Creation
2017-08-25, 20:22
Berlin Philharmonic / Season Opening Sir Simon Rattle conducts Haydn's Creation
I have been listening to this beautiful concert as live stream at digital concert hall - a very memorable performance, touching heart and mind... Most impressed with soprano Elsa Dreisig and tenor Mark Padmore - and of course the Rundfunkchor...

I have the feeling they improved the signal quality significantly compared to last season - picture as well as sound, much more musical now. I am running the digital concert hall app on amazon fire tv with Hdmi into Klimax dsm / Exaktbox Katalyst / M6100 / Ninkas. It sounds excellent. But even when I had to listen to the first part on my way home (3g streaming on iPhone 7plus to my car audio) I thought the musical quality is now much better than before despite the non-optimal access. Has someone else been listening and can confirm?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-31, 13:59
RE: Berlin Philharmonic / Season Opening Sir Simon Rattle conducts Haydn's Creation
(2017-08-25 20:22)TimB Wrote:  I have been listening to this beautiful concert as live stream at digital concert hall - a very memorable performance, touching heart and mind... Most impressed with soprano Elsa Dreisig and tenor Mark Padmore - and of course the Rundfunkchor...

I have the feeling they improved the signal quality significantly compared to last season - picture as well as sound, much more musical now. I am running the digital concert hall app on amazon fire tv with Hdmi into Klimax dsm / Exaktbox Katalyst / M6100 / Ninkas. It sounds excellent. But even when I had to listen to the first part on my way home (3g streaming on iPhone 7plus to my car audio) I thought the musical quality is now much better than before despite the non-optimal access. Has someone else been listening and can confirm?

Hi Tim, cannot confirm, because I have not compared yetRolleyes. But I want to thank you for this hint. Excellent concerts at pretty could streaming bandwidth (used Apple TV App my AEDSM was showing 48 KHz/24 Bit)

cheers, Frank

LINN: LP12, EKOS 2, Krystal, Radikal, AEDSM, Akubarik Exakt, Karik III
POWER: MFE Power Conditioner NF-3, Goldkabel executive SuperCord Gold
NAS: Synology RS814 (8TB), Minimserver
SAT: VU+ Solo2 Twinreceiver HD
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply