Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Adding Wilson Audio Alexx

Adding Wilson Audio Alexx
2017-08-30, 00:24
Adding Wilson Audio Alexx
I'm looking to set up System Optimisation for my Klimax DSM3, but the new Wilson Audio Alexx speakers are not yet an option.

Can these be added in the next 1-2 months?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-30, 11:23
RE: Adding Wilson Audio Alexx
(2017-08-30 00:24)Kippyy Wrote:  I'm looking to set up System Optimisation for my Klimax DSM3, but the new Wilson Audio Alexx speakers are not yet an option.

Can these be added in the next 1-2 months?

Many of us are waiting for their speakers to become supported natively. Unfortunately Linn has not been moving for a long, long time. Even though there is an official link on Linn's web where you can add your speakers (which I did) to a request queue, there is no response and nothing happening. Don't know why that is and why we don't hear anything back.
However, as a circumvention. I chose the following option. Pick a similar speaker, in my case the old 802D, and perform SO with them for your system. As long as you don't need the SO+ features that will do good. The room modes are mainly related to other characteristics than your speakers. Tweaking the results then by trusting your ears like Paulsurround suggests will get you very close to an optimal sound.
Hope this helps. Good luck.

KK/1/D, KDS/3, 2xKCTs/D into B&W 803 D3, Oppo 105, QNAP 439 Pro II
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply