Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / The new Akubarik Loudspeakers. WYSAH Beaconsfield Wednesday 6th September 2017

The new Akubarik Loudspeakers. WYSAH Beaconsfield Wednesday 6th September 2017
2017-08-30, 12:29
The new Akubarik Loudspeakers. WYSAH Beaconsfield Wednesday 6th September 2017
What You See and Hear, Beaconsfield. Wednesday September 6th at 7.00.

This event will be hosted by Linn staff and the evening features a demonstration of the current Linn Akubarik Integrated Exakt loudspeakers followed by the brand new Linn Akubarik Integrated Katalyst Exakt loudspeakers.

For this purpose we have purchased a new pair for the showroom in addition to our existing set.

The event starts promptly at 7.00 and we are looking forward to hearing Katalyst DAC Architecture raise the musical performance of this popular loudspeaker.

You can book a ticket here:

https://www.linn.co.uk/events/3d72044b-9...f30e356f46

Subsequently this demonstration will be available personally by appointment with Colin at the showroom.

For more information call on 01494 681300.

Regards

Colin Macey

WYSAH Beaconsfield.

Colin Macey. WYSAH Beaconsfield.

www.whatyouseeandhear.com
www.wysah.com
01494 681300.
email colin@wysah.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-08-30, 18:02
RE: The new Akubarik Loudspeakers. WYSAH Beaconsfield Wednesday 6th September 2017
Should be an excellent evening.

Wish I could be there.

I hope it is a great success!!!

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
2017-09-01, 05:58
RE: The new Akubarik Loudspeakers. WYSAH Beaconsfield Wednesday 6th September 2017
how to update for existing user?

Akurate LP12 + Akubarik Exakt
2017-09-01, 08:58 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 09:04 by Hidden Systems.)
(2017-09-01 05:58)1kevin Wrote:  how to update for existing user?

£4800 pair - Existing users would have their Exakt modules removed by the dealer and sent to LINN in their "upgrade" boxes. Standard 5 - 7 days turnaround then another visit to install again. A new five year warranty is applied to the Module not the cabinet /speaker cones.

www.hiddensystems.co.uk
www.facebook.com/hiddensystems
www.twitter.com/hiddensystems
2017-09-01, 15:40 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-01 15:40 by What You See and Hear.)
(2017-09-01 05:58)1kevin Wrote:  how to update for existing user?

Hi

In addition to the information given the upgrade will be available only through Linn Retailers participating in the launch.

To qualify a Linn Retailer buying a second set of Akubarik/Katalyst or Akudorik/Katalyst speakers in addition to their existing demonstration pair for comparison will be able to demonstrate, supply and install the upgrade as with the Launch of the Klimax Katalyst DS and DSM last year.

So far events have been planned and advertised on this forum by The Sound Gallery and ourselves but more will follow from other Linn Retailers making the substantial financial commitment. It's likely that some are already on Linn's main website in the events section as many dealers don't post here.

Regards

Colin Macey. WYSAH Beaconsfield.

www.whatyouseeandhear.com
www.wysah.com
01494 681300.
email colin@wysah.com
2017-09-01, 15:55
Does this imply that Linn wants to be sure that enough equipment ends up in shops so dealers will be forced to make an effort selling/promoting them?
Owners on this forum will probably end up buying the upgrade anyway, if they can afford it, so it is less about making it easier for them.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-01, 16:26
I think it's probably more to do with dealers who don't demo and only order an upgrade for excited customers, who are buying on the basis of the build up on this forum, or worse still, go to another dealer for a demo and then expect to order from their local guy.

'trollCool
2017-09-01, 20:40
It all sounds rather elitist to me. If your dealer can't afford to stock the comparison you have to go somewhere else who can. I'd rather go to a good dealer I trust than a rich dealer i don't know.

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242s
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s
2017-09-07, 01:15
I was fortunate to attend the demonstration of the new 'Katalysed' Akubarik Exakt speakers at WYSAH Beaconsfield earlier tonight. A serendipitous coincidence meant that I was staying close by for business reasons. My favourite local Linn dealer is awaiting his Katalyst Akubariks and I look forward to hear them again closer to home soon. Happily both dealers have a good relationship and both were happy for me to attend the demo.Smile

Many thanks to Colin Macey at WYSAH for his warm welcome and hospitality, and also to Steven from Linn HQ who provided the background information re Katalyst implementation in the Akubarik and did the first half of the demo. Other tracks were also played afterwards.

Demo commenced listening to the non-Katalyst Akubarik Exakts driven by a Klimax DSM, initial tracks played were a Linn recording of a Beethoven (may have been a different composer) piano sonata (?) then 'Miss You' by the Rolling Stones - 40 second segments of each played twice. The Akubariks were then wheeled out to be replaced in the exact same position with the Katalysed Akubariks, in the same room with the same Space Optimisation and cables.

Although I was not sat in the central sweet spot, but sat instead more or less in line with the left speaker, the improvement over the non-Katalyst Akubarik was easily heard. The separation between instruments is much better, the clarity and delicacy of each instrument along with the harmonic content of instruments is significantly improved. Individual instrument notes are tracked more precisely, naturally and realistically. If I was asked if I thought that the non-Katalyst Akubariks were deficient in any of these areas I would have said not. Nevertheless the Katalyst Akubariks in my opinion are a significant step up; they are simply much more tuneful, surprisingly so.

Late last year the I had a chance to listen to the improvements the Katalyst DAC brought to the Klimax DS2, but Katalyst Akubarik Exakt is on a much higher level. I want to hear it again but with my own choice of music; but I have a suspicion that the improvement Katalyst brings to Exakt Akubarik is an order of change at least the equal of that from analogue aktiv Akubariks to Exakt Akubariks. Big Grin

YMMV but then again probably not. Tongue

Steven explained that the DAC set up for the Akubariks is that each speaker has 3x Stereo Katalyst Dacs, with one channel of each dac driving one speaker unit; so 1,dac drives the isobarik bass speaker pair, another dac the tweeter and super tweeter, the third dac drives the upper and lower mid range pair. This is the same arrangement as currently, although the power supply arrangement for the Katalyst dac is more complex enabling the dac to perform better in regard to the reference level from which the digital to analogue music signal is derived. (For comparison Klimax 350's have a total of 12 stereo Katalyst dacs, six per L/R speaker pair, Akudoriks have 4 Katalyst stereo dacs, two per pair).

The evening ended with Colin demonstrating how Apple TV linked to a DSM AND Akubariks can provide thrilling sound for online and YouTube music videos.

Thanks once again to Colin for hosting the event and providing good wine and tasty nibbles.
2017-09-07, 07:10 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 09:11 by Visoflex.)
Quote:...but I have a suspicion that the improvement Katalyst brings to Exakt Akubarik is an order of change at least the equal of that from analogue aktiv Akubariks to Exakt Akubariks.

YMMV but then again probably not.

You're right. I was there too, but at the opposite end of the seating!

I went a different route to Katalyst, by upgrading the DAC in the KDSM and keeping my active Akubariks in the analogue domain. As usual, it's difficult to put music into words, but the improvement in the cues, timing, comprehension, bass clarity, and overall "togetherness" etc. was as I heard when auditioning my route, only much, much more so.

Anyone upgrading their Exakt system, or going straight there is in for a treat.

Many thanks to Colin and Stephen for an entertaining evening.

LP12SE, KDSM/2, Zoneripper
Asset / Kazoo
Akubariks