Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:55 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Konfig for iPad in the planning?

Konfig for iPad in the planning?
2017-09-06, 22:53
Konfig for iPad in the planning?
Thread subject really says it all - I wonder if Linn has a planning to come up with a Konfig app for the iPad, so that we could all adjust our settings (device and space optimization) on the iPad while sitting in our listening chair...

Looks to me as something that most Linn-users would welcome very much.

Cheers,
Willem

Akurate DS/1 > Klimax Kontrol/1/D > Klimax Chakra Twin/D > Akurate 242's MkI (alas, no updated stands...)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-06, 23:09
RE: Konfig for iPad in the planning?
Would be great!

ADSM, A Exaktbox 10, A4200*2+A2200, Akubarik, Harmoni rack, LS NAS.
2017-09-06, 23:45
+1 Cool
2017-09-07, 01:28
A small laptop or a Microsoft Surface will run Konfig now, and provide the in armchair adjustment facility. Given the demands on the Linn software team, I'd not hold my breath for an iOS or Android version of Konfig.

In fact, I'd much rather have a version of Jukebox that will work with Davaar 50+, and give the more technophobic members of my family as much enjoyment of my system as I get.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-09-07, 04:51 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 04:52 by Paulssurround.)
I use my iPad Pro to make SO adjustments to Konfig, while listening to the music. My MAC computer is in the next room.

I use an app from the Apple Store called "Splashtop", but it is probably available for PC computers as well.

It works great.

I think some people , such as Briain, use VNC Viewer.

Although I do wish Linn had a Konfig version for the iPad.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
AEDSM, Exakt Akubariks, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-09-07, 06:19
You can open the web config of a DS in an iPad browser: Enter the IP address (or the network device name) of the DS in the address field.

Web config offers a subset from the possibilities of Windows Konfig, which might be useful in some cases:
  • you can adjust those settings, which are found in the DS tab of Windows Konfig
  • you can not view or adjust the settings, which are found in the Speakers tab of Windows Konfig for a non Exakt device
  • you can not view or adjust the settings, which are found in the Space Optimization tab of Windows Konfig for a non Exakt device
  • you can not view or adjust the settings, which are found in the Exakt tab of Windows Konfig for an Exakt device
  • you can not view or adjust the settings, which are found in the Space Optimization+ tab of Windows Konfig for an Exakt device
  • you can not upgrade firmware

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

At last dem tunes follow me.
2017-09-07, 06:56 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-09 08:44 by DutchWillem.)
As several Linnies have stated, there ARE a few ways to work with Konfig on an iPad, although I think that is probably a bit too much hassle for the not-so-technical Linn-users among us...
Would be great if Linn could deliver a native iPad Konfig app.

Willem

Akurate DS/1 > Klimax Kontrol/1/D > Klimax Chakra Twin/D > Akurate 242's MkI (alas, no updated stands...)
2017-09-08, 17:32
(2017-09-07 06:56)DutchWillem Wrote:  As several Linnies have stated, there ARE a few ways to work with Konfig on an iPad, although I think that is probably a bit to much hassle for the not-so-technical Linn-users among us...
Would be great if Linn could deliver a native iPad Konfig app.

Willem

+1 !

LP12/Keel/Radikal/Urika/EkosSE/sKale/Kandid; DS3 Katalyst; Unidisk 1.1; Klimax Kontrol; Solos; Tannoy Kensington SE/ST200 on Townsend iso stands; Sound Application SA1 power conditioner; Luminous Synchestra Ref ICs; LFD Grainfree Biwire spkr cables w/silver jumpers; Morph power cords
2017-09-08, 17:50
I can confirm that Splashtop does work with my PC enabling me to alter Konfig using my iPad in a different listening room.

(2017-09-07 04:51)Paulssurround Wrote:  I use my iPad Pro to make SO adjustments to Konfig, while listening to the music. My MAC computer is in the next room.

I use an app from the Apple Store called "Splashtop", but it is probably available for PC computers as well.

It works great.

I think some people , such as Briain, use VNC Viewer.

Although I do wish Linn had a Konfig version for the iPad.

Main: KEDSM, 350's with 4 Tundra Stereos and Akurate Exakt Box 10, 520 rears, Oppo 203, Sky Q.
Office: Renew DS2 and 530s.
2017-09-08, 21:17 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-08 21:18 by mickc.)
A clumsy way but I use Microsoft's remote desktop app, which is free, from my iPad to access Konfig on my PC.

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109