Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / My upgrade to Tiger Paw's Khan, Akula and Tranquility

My upgrade to Tiger Paw's Khan, Akula and Tranquility
2017-09-07, 20:13 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-07 20:14 by Mirage F1.)
My upgrade to Tiger Paw's Khan, Akula and Tranquility
I recently upgraded my LP12 to Khan, Akula and Tranquility spec.
The deck before this was a cirkused LP12, steel top plate and sub-chassis- by all means sounding very good. (The deck still has the cirkus bearing)

The Khan and Akula have increased the breadth of the soundstage, adding substantially more detail. When I remove and put in place the Tranquility to hear any improvement- I hear a quieter soundstage with more detail with the Tranquility in place.

I don't normally talk about any upgrades as I feel the majority of them are subjective and small at that. However, these upgrades have transformed my Sondek. I love the music I hear. The music is sweet, detailed and the instruments breathe.... a truly amazing listening experience. It's taken me literally years to get to this point where Im wonderfully happy with the music I hear. I feel no need for further "upgrades".

All I do is buy more records now. A good sign!

About the customer service. I mean every word of this. Roger at Tiger Paw is the most customer-minded person I have ever come across in the hifi industry (Cymbiosis are the only other retailer I want to do business with). Roger has helped me enormously by carrying out the installation of the Khan, Akula and Tranquility. His attention to detail is down to a military level. His personal sense of looking after you is all-apparent. Nothing is too much trouble.

Tiger Paw's prices are incredibly good. Have a look at them. The upgrade I have received has exceeded my expectations in relation to price.

The cymbiosis of the Akula, Khan and Tranquility have transformed my LP12. There is absolutely no loss of musicality, rather much much more musicality.

Linn LP12- Cirkus, Ekos II, Tiger Paw Tranquility/Akula/Khan Troika- Linto- Lingo2- Kairn Pro- Klout- Kabers
Ikemi- Teddydac-Klout- Kabers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-08, 10:18
RE: My upgrade to Tiger Paw's Khan, Akula and Tranquility
Hi,
Definitely a good sign when all you do is buy more records and enjoy the music without thinking about the system.
All the best,
Richarf

2017-09-08, 11:44 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-08 11:44 by Stu22.)
Wonder if Roger would come to Yorkshire and fit me a Vulkan :0)

Ps - nice set of upgrades there ... enjoy!

Akurate Sondek LP12 - Akurate EDSM - Akudorik Exakt
2017-09-08, 13:02
(2017-09-08 11:44)Stu22 Wrote:  Wonder if Roger would come to Yorkshire and fit me a Vulkan :0)

Ps - nice set of upgrades there ... enjoy!

Thanks chaps

Linn LP12- Cirkus, Ekos II, Tiger Paw Tranquility/Akula/Khan Troika- Linto- Lingo2- Kairn Pro- Klout- Kabers
2017-09-08, 22:27
Yep Roger is one of the nicest guys I have met whilst upgrading my LP12. Enjoy your 'new' deck .......... Big Grin

Harban 'Wenge' Cymbiosis Signature LP12, Klimax Radikal / Urika, Tranquility, Karmen, Rubikon, Ekos SE, Skale, Linn Krystal

KK/1(D), Klimax Twin (D), ProAc Response D2's on Track Audio Stands
2017-09-09, 21:31 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-09 21:35 by Mirage F1.)
(2017-09-08 22:27)Wenge1 Wrote:  .
Yep Roger is one of the nicest guys I have met whilst upgrading my LP12. Enjoy your 'new' deck .......... Big Grin

Let me put it this way: It'd be nice to hear a Klimax LP12 side by side. Roger did this comparison with my deck; my impression of his analysis was that there was very little ground between the two.

I was at a work function this evening where we had a live band playing Jazz. The music coming from the band was so nearly like my LP12- wide spacing of instruments (breathing)- yet not "strained" in any way- "relaxed" sounding. Quite a compliment...

2017-09-10, 18:21
The only reference that means anything is to get out and hear live music in a small venue without a pa such as this work function you attended. If the LP12 can come close to that ( and it seems it does ) then you are in that place which we all crave. Your LP12 is now like a time machine in which you can travel to an event that took place perhaps 30 or more years ago and bring to life people who have passed on and left behind such glittering jewels for us to behold when ever the mood takes. What price can you put on such riches ?
Enjoy.

Classic Linn/Naim Six Pack Active Brik System.
Turbocharger driven by a Peter Swain Signature LP12 Music Power Station
TP Tranquillity Rocks

The Sara Doctor.
email
thesaradoctor@gmail.com
2017-09-10, 21:54
(2017-09-10 18:21)Dr_Eddie Wrote:  The only reference that means anything is to get out and hear live music in a small venue without a pa such as this work function you attended. If the LP12 can come close to that ( and it seems it does ) then you are in that place which we all crave. Your LP12 is now like a time machine in which you can travel to an event that took place perhaps 30 or more years ago and bring to life people who have passed on and left behind such glittering jewels for us to behold when ever the mood takes. What price can you put on such riches ?
Enjoy.

Thanks mate

2017-09-12, 05:46
Although I'm guessing...But..

I reckon all 3 items would "Gel" extremely well together...Tongue
Enjoy
Tase.

Linn stuff.....Klimax Radikal, Urika, Ekos SE, Kandid, Uphorik, 2 Keel's,2 LP12's......and a pair of PMS Isobariks...: