Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / Exakted Killer Keltiks

Exakted Killer Keltiks
2017-09-09, 08:32
Wink Exakted Killer Keltiks
TLDR; expletive expletive WOW!!!

Ok I bit the bullet and decided to board the exakt train. I have heard PaulSurround's Exakt Akubariks (not in the very latest incarnation) but enough to understand exakt provides a level of clarity and precision other systems dont really achieve, but up to this point I had some concerns re: LP12 playback and my customized Keltiks compatibility with Exakt. On top of that I run an eclectic mix of power amps (2 x Lejonklou Tundras and a 4 channel Bryston on the bass). So a bit of a leap of faith was required!

Well I needn't have worried, just setup my Exaktbox tonight, used the default Keltik 007/038 drive unit combination (mine are actually Seas and Hiquophon units) expecting to hear a slightly unbalanced reproduction - nothing even close. Straight out of the box the improvements are dramatic and frankly quite astonishing. I am still in shock at how good my system sounds exakted - what was I worried about Smile Certainly the best it's ever sounded, perhaps even dare I say it, one of the best systems I have ever heard.

PaulW: if you are still sitting on the fence do it!

Sunbeamgls: Expect a PM soon, I need some guidance on exakt design - cannot actually quite believe that there are more improvements to come when I dial in my actual drive units.

PaulSurround: talking about dialing in - I need the services of our local space cadet Smile

To Linn: you are an amazing company, carrying on the great Scottish tradition of innovation and invention. Thank You!

Yes I am excited, all aboard Woot Woot!!

LP12 - Mober DC, Trampoline, Kore, Cirkus, Ekos 2, Lyra Kleos, Linto, T-Kable.
Electronics - Renew KDSM/1, AK ExaktBox 6, 2 x Tundra Stereo, Bryston 9BSST.
Music Server - Windows 10 PC, Twonky, Kazoo on Ipad 2
Speakers - Linn Killer Keltiks, stupidly thick Linn speaker cable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-09, 08:44
RE: Exakted Killer Keltiks
So... you're happy? Wink

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-09, 08:55
I'll say... going on 1am and listening to tunes. Even low volume sounds sweet.
2017-09-09, 10:24
finster,
your joy can be read in every line and your happiness is contagious, though standing in nice contradiction to the german meaning of your username: dark, sombre, obscure Cool

Welcome to the EXAKT Community and with SO+ your journey has just only begun.

Hope to read more.

cheers, frank

LINN: LP12, EKOS 2, Krystal, Radikal, AEDSM, Akubarik Exakt, Karik III
POWER: MFE Power Conditioner NF-3, Goldkabel executive SuperCord Gold
NAS: Synology RS814 (8TB), Minimserver
SAT: VU+ Solo2 Twinreceiver HD
2017-09-09, 13:31
Good luck getting up off the couch Big Grin

Victrola 1922 Floor model.
2017-09-09, 16:12
Good day Finster,

Congratulations!!!

I would be more than happy to drop by and do SPACE Optimization on your Killer Keltiks when I get back to Vancouver.

Enjoy the music. Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-09-10, 17:32
Great news Finster.

Just don't say anything over on the Swedish forum, you know how unmusical Exakt is, being a "speaker first" approach Wink

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-09-10, 19:10
Thanks for the good wishes everyone and looking forward to the visit Paul, at least I am local Smile

In terms of the Swedish forum I will post when everything is dialed in - there should be some interest I think, not many people running Tundras with Exakt.

I also sent Philbo an email as he is going to send me some docs on Exakt design, before they put together some instructional videos.

More to come thanks!
2017-09-12, 07:46
Just playing around with speaker positions tonight. There is nothing in space+ that refers to speaker toe in. However going from straight to 1 cm toe in makes a huge difference (was careful not the change the outer side distance to wall).

I assume Exakt anticipates a degree of toe in as this would impact dispersion within the room?
2017-09-12, 08:14
Exakt is amazing!

Toe-in does not seem very scientific. Seems the default starting point, especially with 3K arrays, is no toe-in. My ancient killer Keilidhs still benefit from slight toe-in