Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Kelidah and stereo integrated valve amplifier

Kelidah and stereo integrated valve amplifier
2017-09-13, 10:55
Kelidah and stereo integrated valve amplifier
I have a pair of linn kelidah speakers and am thinking of valve amplification single wired into an Affordable Valve Company KT88 high end valve amplifier.....Does anyone have any experience of Kelidah speakers and valve amplification....Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-13, 11:41
RE: Kelidah and stereo integrated valve amplifier
i don't own a valve amp but I have heard Keilidhs on the end of one. It was definitely an Icon amp and I think that it was running KT 150s but I could be wrong. There was nothing nasty about it, in fact the blend was nice to listen to. With passive Keilidhs I've always found the the challenge is controlling the bass - the more control you have over the input signal, the better they respond (this is probably true of most 'speakers but it is especially true of Keilidhs). Keilidhs are very capable transducers but their tolerance of a 'loose' signal isn't subtle.

Primary: LP12, Dino/Dino+, KRDS/1, Akurate Tuner, USC, Sony BRP, Kinos, 3 x 5125, K400, Espeks, Ekwal, Katans, 2 x Sizmik 10.5, Stax 507. Stands Unique Supports
Secondary: LP12, ADSM (Exakt), Majik Exaktbox(i), K400, Keilidhs, Stands Unique Support
Tertiary: Raumfeld Connector, Classik, Kan IVs
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply