Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 02:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / UI resolution

UI resolution
2017-09-14, 10:30
UI resolution
I posted this elsewhere, but thought this might benefit from this thread.

I have a 15.6 Win 7 laptop, with 1080p resolution, but the problem is that I'm old. My eyes don't can't resolve tiny UI elements anymore. I like to turn up the UI resolution to 175 dpi. When I do this, parts of Konfig are not able to be accessed at all. I have to return the Windows UI settings to 150%, rendering my PC unreadable. Given that hi-fi buyers demographic generally fall somewhere between old koot and kodger I'm certain I'm not the only one who experiences this. When the Linn engineers are thinking about a major UI overhaul, this should be addressed.

MDSM/2, 6100/D, both draining into large Ikea Aptitligs, bi-aktiv Ninkas(steel bases), K600 and silvers.
Sennheiser HD650's, Aune X7s
Asus AC88U router, Synology 215j(Minimserver), ASUS VivoMini HTPC.
Oppo 105D, Panasonic TC-P50ST60 plasma, VIZIO S4251w-B4 soundbar
Kazoo on Android(s)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-14, 13:14
RE: UI resolution
(2017-09-14 10:30)jail4ceos2 Wrote:  I posted this elsewhere, but thought this might benefit from this thread.

I have a 15.6 Win 7 laptop, with 1080p resolution, but the problem is that I'm old. My eyes don't can't resolve tiny UI elements anymore. I like to turn up the UI resolution to 175 dpi. When I do this, parts of Konfig are not able to be accessed at all. I have to return the Windows UI settings to 150%, rendering my PC unreadable. Given that hi-fi buyers demographic generally fall somewhere between old koot and kodger I'm certain I'm not the only one who experiences this. When the Linn engineers are thinking about a major UI overhaul, this should be addressed.

Good luck with that. I raised a very similar issue many moons ago without success.

Main: KDS3 / Lejonklou Sagatun Mono Tarandus / Lejonklou Tundra Mono 2 Tarandus / 242s
LG OLED 55E6V /Oppo 205 as processor / Lejonklou Tundra Stereo / Katan rears / Velodyne DD12 sub
2nd system: Oppo105 / Lejonklou Boazu / 109s
2017-09-29, 16:50
RE: UI resolution
Hopefully the engineers have lived those moons too, and are nearing coot status and are beginning to understand this.....

MDSM/2, 6100/D, both draining into large Ikea Aptitligs, bi-aktiv Ninkas(steel bases), K600 and silvers.
Sennheiser HD650's, Aune X7s
Asus AC88U router, Synology 215j(Minimserver), ASUS VivoMini HTPC.
Oppo 105D, Panasonic TC-P50ST60 plasma, VIZIO S4251w-B4 soundbar
Kazoo on Android(s)