Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-17, 18:44 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Akodoriks sound too clinical

Akodoriks sound too clinical
2017-09-17, 15:29
RE: Akodoriks sound too clinical
second hand so no dune dem unfortunately. Last pic attached. Not that room dimension input into SO is based on onside wall (i.e. where grey picture is, not to the door at far right, which is more in line with speakers. The small room with door is a pantry and would reduce cubic feet overall of air in the room, but I thought it was mostly immaterial.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-17, 15:32
Hi Craigas,

You should also experiment with the listening position.

When I bought my Akudoriks I soon found out that I was sitting in a "null" and the bass frequencies were being cancelled out. I moved the sofa forward about 1`20" and the bass really began to shine - switch SO off and find the best position!

Also, check the torque of the driver screws - tightening them correctly can make a big difference.

Hope this helps,

Gussy
2017-09-17, 15:35
(2017-09-17 15:29)Craigas Wrote:  second hand so no dune dem unfortunately.
Contact a local Linn dealer, it's definitely worth paying them for a couple of hours work to set the system up at your home incl. finding good positioning of your speaker from a tune dem perspective. After you've done that you can start "fiddling around" with SO. Smile

ADSM, A Exaktbox 10, A4200*2+A2200, Akubarik, Harmoni rack, LS NAS.
2017-09-17, 15:40
As others have said, work on the basics of set up with SO switched off. Until that's been done, I'm afraid your using Paul's time to little benefit. SO should be the icing on the cake of a proper set up and that's the best way to enjoy Paul's support.

I looked at the map. Given you are 4800kms from Paul, that gives you 48 days to get basic set up done whilst Paul cycles over to your place...

Main: AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AExaktbox10; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, AVSeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2017-09-17, 15:58
Lol and now my and is making noise so I'm off to store to get replacement, 1.2 terabyte of music will take some time to copy. And cabling as well.

In the meantime, for those interested give Gino Vannelli canto cd a try. Song #2 should almost bring a tear to your eye if system setup correctly.
2017-09-17, 18:50 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-17 18:50 by Paulssurround.)
(2017-09-17 15:40)sunbeamgls Wrote:  As others have said, work on the basics of set up with SO switched off. Until that's been done, I'm afraid your using Paul's time to little benefit. SO should be the icing on the cake of a proper set up and that's the best way to enjoy Paul's support.

I looked at the map. Given you are 4800kms from Paul, that gives you 48 days to get basic set up done whilst Paul cycles over to your place...

Thanks Sunbeam. Big Grin

48 days of cycling across Canada, with fall colours coming out soon would be spectacular.

The Rockies may have snow already, and the prairies may start to get very cold at night. Cycling through the Canadian Shield in eastern Manitoba and across Ontario would be stunning. Dodging cars on the highways near Toronto, not so much.... Rolleyes

I just have to figure out how to set up a Bluetooth stereo on my bicycle or a really long extension cord. Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-09-17, 20:39
I think Europe is closer to Toronto, ha.

For the Europeans on the forum, Canada is huge, drove across it a couple of times, amazing through the rockies, sometimes your up high looking down, others down looking up at the mountains. Spectacular.

Through Manitoba and Saskatchewan, a self driving car would come in handy cause its dead straight and flat for 100's and 100's of kilometers. Big sky country and beautiful in its own way. To get out of Ontario alone takes 15 hours of driving time before you hit Manitoba. Beautiful in the fall as Paul mentions when the leaves turn.

Sorry screwed up about the Canto album, the track to look for is Parole Per Mio Padre. Another is Greensleeves from Loreena Mckennit Visit Album, which I understand she learned and recorded in one take, you can hear her make a mistake if you listen closely. This will be it for me suggesting music as I can understand everyone has different tastes. They are just two tracks that stood out for me in case you want to give a listen. one is good for male vocals and the other female, they both seem to have real emotion that comes through.

Anyways, thanks for your help so far. I'm busy rebuilding my NAS drive, watching premier league football (recorded) and Formula 1 was amazing today too if you follow that.

Oh and i'm REALLY busy looking at my cables, cursing how good a job I did wrapping them, and cursing this forum haha. Think this is a job for another day, but we'll see. My wife is looking at me funny lol.
2017-09-18, 06:31
Quote:For the Europeans on the forum, Canada is huge
Gee thanks, we don't have maps here so I'm glad you explained. Tongue
I have always heard its not the size that matters but what you do with it. But than, that may have been because I was crying.. Big Grin

Paul, if you ask Janice to bring you to the highest mountain pass in the Rockies, it would all be downhill from there so you should be able to get there withing a month.
I wouldn't advise bluetooth though, just buy a battery powered ADSM and use a decent headphone.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-19, 01:00
(2017-09-17 20:39)Craigas Wrote:  I think Europe is closer to Toronto, ha.

For the Europeans on the forum, Canada is huge, drove across it a couple of times, amazing through the rockies, sometimes your up high looking down, others down looking up at the mountains. Spectacular.

Through Manitoba and Saskatchewan, a self driving car would come in handy cause its dead straight and flat for 100's and 100's of kilometers. Big sky country and beautiful in its own way. To get out of Ontario alone takes 15 hours of driving time before you hit Manitoba. Beautiful in the fall as Paul mentions when the leaves turn.

Sorry screwed up about the Canto album, the track to look for is Parole Per Mio Padre. Another is Greensleeves from Loreena Mckennit Visit Album, which I understand she learned and recorded in one take, you can hear her make a mistake if you listen closely. This will be it for me suggesting music as I can understand everyone has different tastes. They are just two tracks that stood out for me in case you want to give a listen. one is good for male vocals and the other female, they both seem to have real emotion that comes through.

Anyways, thanks for your help so far. I'm busy rebuilding my NAS drive, watching premier league football (recorded) and Formula 1 was amazing today too if you follow that.

Oh and i'm REALLY busy looking at my cables, cursing how good a job I did wrapping them, and cursing this forum haha. Think this is a job for another day, but we'll see. My wife is looking at me funny lol.

The beauty of Roon....reading your post, I had a quick listen to the track on Tidal....beautiful! listening to more of the album, definitely one one worth buying. Thank You!

MacMini 2012 - Sonore uRendu (UPNP bridge) - KDS/4 Katalyst - Trinnov Amethyst - Klimax 320A - JL Audio F112 - PSAudio PPP
HeadFi - Woo Audio WA5LE - HiFiman HE1000 v2
Other bits - HRS - Finite Elemente - Auralex - Entreq - UpTone JS/2 & LPS/1
Software - Roon Server - Linn SO

If music be the food of love - play on
2017-09-19, 17:42
Morning update (sorry if I sound too clinical. That's me. ). Mom's face looks more symmetrical today and she got some awesome sleep last night. She was up every hour until three AM. However those hours were deep sleep. She slept from 6 am until 745 ish and said "oh, its ten to eight geesh". Lol. She was soooo hungry and ate about half her meal. I'm still a little concerned about aspiration pneumonia when she eats but I cant make the speech path do the xray to rule it out. I know if she was my patient, Id have her into radiology quickly. But we are just family now.