Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-17, 02:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Tiger Paw sKale

Tiger Paw sKale
2017-10-27, 08:51 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-27 08:51 by francescopaolo.)
RE: Tiger Paw sKale
I don't like sKale because of its asymmetry with respect to its horizontal axial axis.
It is symmetrical with respect to its vertical axial axis but if this axis is not perfectly aligned with the vertical axis of the tonearm it can stress the horizontal bearing of the tonearm.
And perfection is not of this world.
Regards.

No man is an island. No man is a sea.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-29, 18:56
I guess you haven't heard/seen one then.......................because if you had you'd realise its impossible to stress the horizontal bearing of a unipivot like the Aro.
As for the Ekos SE, its built like a Panzer tank, so even if you have wonky eyes and can't see when the cwt is on straight, the bearings aren't going to complain for at least the next thousand years............

Classic Linn/Naim Six Pack Active Brik System.
Turbocharger driven by a Peter Swain Signature LP12 Music Power Station
TP Tranquillity Rocks

The Sara Doctor.
email
thesaradoctor@gmail.com
2017-11-03, 07:47
(2017-10-29 18:56)Dr_Eddie Wrote:  its impossible to stress the horizontal bearing of a unipivot like the Aro.
I didn't talk about the Naim Aro.

(2017-10-29 18:56)Dr_Eddie Wrote:  As for the Ekos SE, its built like a Panzer tank
It's a like a Panzer tank in the normal audio use but not in the abnormal use. Linn LP12 and all of their parts are designed to last forever in their own context.
I don't have wonky eyes but not even with built-in ruler to do perfect things in an imperfect world. regards.

No man is an island. No man is a sea.
2017-11-03, 09:49
I'd argue that the bearings in a Panzer tank were somewhat more fit for purpose. I never read of any instances where the turret had to be removed in order to re-load!

Primary: LP12, Dino/Dino+, KRDS/1, Akurate Tuner, USC, Sony BRP, Kinos, 3 x 5125, K400, Espeks, Ekwal, Katans, 2 x Sizmik 10.5, Stax 507. Stands Unique Supports
Secondary: LP12, ADSM (Exakt), Majik Exaktbox(i), K400, Keilidhs, Stands Unique Support
Tertiary: Raumfeld Connector, Classik, Kan IVs