Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 03:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Exakt v / A Few Concerns Before I Upgrade To Katalyst Akubariks

A Few Concerns Before I Upgrade To Katalyst Akubariks
2017-09-21, 01:47 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-21 02:08 by Paulssurround.)
A Few Concerns Before I Upgrade To Katalyst Akubariks
How will I know if they sound better after the upgrade?

Will the new Katalyst Exakt modules on the back of my Akubariks match my Hawaiian themed decor?

Will the speakers need to be moved to a new ideal position or the non ideal position? Would it be better if they were installed in the missionary position?

Is this a free upgrade or do I have to pay with real money?

Do I have to buy a new set of Hawaiian shirts for listening to Katalyzed music?

Will I still get retain my current set of friends, or do I now hang out with a nefarious group of questionable characters?

Will I wear out my shoes more quickly, due to more toe tapping?

Do I still need to connect each of the speakers with an ethernet cable or is the music sent wirelessly?

Do I toe my speakers in, do I toe the speakers out, do the hokey pokey and turn them all about?

Will the volume at 65 still provide the same volume as with my current Exakt modules, to should I wear ear plugs until they are broken in properly?

Will my favourite cheese still taste the same after the upgrade?

Do Katalyst sound waves reflect off the walls and ceiling the same as Exakt sound waves, or do I have to dampen the sound waves with wet sponges taped up around the room?

So many questions.... Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-21, 01:56
RE: A Few Concerns Before I Upgrade To Katalyst Akubariks
You won’t. Yes. Missionary. $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Yes. No. No. Maybe. Who cares. Plugs. Worse. Surprise. Tongue

Victrola 1922 Floor model.
2017-09-21, 02:15
(2017-09-21 01:56)Eldarboy Wrote:  You won’t. Yes. Missionary. $$$$$$$$$$$$$. Yes. No. No. Maybe. Who cares. Plugs. Worse. Surprise. Tongue

Thanks for your non-comprehensive reply.

Although your answers are not helpful, I feel much better about not knowing whether I am making the right choice. Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2017-09-21, 04:43
how much will be the update to catalyst akubarik?

And will we have to send the speakers back to linn?

Akurate LP12 + Akubarik Exakt
2017-09-21, 05:52
Bonus questions: will the parrots and room elephant need to be tuned and/or painted again and if the latter is true, will the new pink of the elephant still match the yellow of the bathroom submarine.
Or was that subroom bathmarine.. I'm mighty confused again.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-21, 09:54
Of course
The petal flower technique I find the best you don't want to start listening to anyone on the forum
See the positive comments they make about you
Have to question their judgement Big Grin

Exakt 5.1
Klimax Exakt 350 Katalyst Melco N1Z anniversary Melodik sub Akurate 225 centre Akurate 4200 Akurate Exactbox 6 Akudorik Exakt Oppo UDP-205
2017-09-21, 14:05
I was practicing at being a politician who takes a firm stand on important issues. Big Grin

2017-09-21, 15:08
(2017-09-21 14:05)Eldarboy Wrote:  I was practicing at being a politician who takes a firm stand on important issues. Big Grin
I'm a bit worried about the cheese issue, can you elaborate on that?

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-21, 15:34 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-21 15:34 by Donald.)
(2017-09-21 01:47)Paulssurround Wrote:  Will the speakers need to be moved to a new ideal position or the non ideal position? Would it be better if they were installed in the missionary position?

Using TuneDem you will have found that the new Ideal Position for your Katalyst Akubariks is in my house not far from Linn HQ.

The last Missionary we had from this part of the world was David Livingstone and look what happened to him! Smile

(2017-09-21 01:47)Paulssurround Wrote:  Will I still get retain my current set of friends, or do I now hang out with a nefarious group of questionable characters?

Congratulations on acquiring your current set of friends - I'm assuming the "nefarious group of questionable characters" is an oblique reference to the Premier Inn Gang? Big Grin

(2017-09-21 01:47)Paulssurround Wrote:  Do I still need to connect each of the speakers with an ethernet cable or is the music sent wirelessly?

I'd certainly advise running your Katalyst Akubariks wirelessly - that way the noise floor is reduced to zero so no need to worry about all that Space Optimisation stuff! Big Grin

(2017-09-21 01:47)Paulssurround Wrote:  Do I toe my speakers in, do I toe the speakers out, do the hokey pokey and turn them all about?

In our version here in Scotland we shake it all about first! Big Grin

(2017-09-21 01:47)Paulssurround Wrote:  Do Katalyst sound waves reflect off the walls and ceiling the same as Exakt sound waves, or do I have to dampen the sound waves with wet sponges taped up around the room?

I thought the previous Court Injunction covered the use of wet sponges?? Smile

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM/2 | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2017-09-21, 15:52
(2017-09-21 15:08)Tin Wrote:  
(2017-09-21 14:05)Eldarboy Wrote:  I was practicing at being a politician who takes a firm stand on important issues. Big Grin
I'm a bit worried about the cheese issue, can you elaborate on that?

Cheese? Do you have any in stock? Perhaps a nicely aged Gorgonzola?