Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / Website Background Image

Website Background Image
2017-10-12, 16:13 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-12 16:14 by Paulssurround.)
RE: Website Background Image
(2017-10-11 19:15)Briain Wrote:  
(2017-10-11 18:05)Paulssurround Wrote:  ...I would have thought that the new image might reflect a theme related to music or Linn stereos?

Silly me. Big Grin

Well, there is what maybe appears to be a 'Rocket from the Crypt' LP on show (I'd never heard of them, but a www search found a band by that name). I did have a quick listen to one of their tunes (on Amazon), but it wasn't my thing (sounded like heavy metal) so I stopped it after just a few seconds.

Bri Smile

You have eagle eyes Briain.

Even the image you have posted, it is hard to see the album cover.

My image only stays on for a second, before being covered by the Forum text.

I like your idea of changing images for the background on a rotating basis.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-12, 16:25 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-12 16:31 by Briain.)
Interestingly, searching images for the band name doesn't show anything that looks like that sleeve art, so my guess is that either someone (at Linn) might have selected a rare or bootleg album cover, or perhaps someone at Linn knows the band (or they perhaps they are all Linn customers)? Either that or the album was so awful that the music company deleted it and purged the internet of its artworks (if the band are all Linn owners and thus reading this thread, hopefully y'all do realise that I am not at all being serious; I'm just generating some harmless humour for the benefit of other forum readers, of course)! Wink

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2017-10-12, 16:36 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-12 16:45 by Paulssurround.)
(2017-10-12 16:25)Briain Wrote:  Interestingly, searching images for the band name doesn't show anything that looks like that sleeve art, so my guess is that either someone (at Linn) might have selected a rare or bootleg album cover, or perhaps someone at Linn knows the band (or they perhaps they are all Linn customers)? Either that or the album was so awful that the music company deleted it and purged the internet of its artworks (if the band are all Linn owners and thus reading this thread, hopefully y'all do realise that I am not at all being serious; I'm just generating some harmless humour for the benefit of other forum readers, of course)! Wink

More likely, the band is composed of Linn employees. TongueBig Grin

Checking out the songs on the album, I found the following tracks:

Exakt City Blues

The Wife Tells Me I Can't Do The Katalyst Upgrade

The Gilad Boogie

Glasgow Woman

My Scotch Is Only 12 Years Old Blues

Give the Sondek A Spin

Klimax Rocks

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
2017-10-14, 13:52
Bearing in mind 'The Hives' are also on there, my wager would be a poster/flyer for a gig or some other musical event.....

P.S. Paul, 'The Gilad Boogie' sounds like it might be a fab tune, any idea where I can get a copy, preferably in hi-res?

Bitstream Believer since early '94
2017-10-14, 19:10 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-14 19:11 by PeteA.)
With a fuller picture, it all starts to make more sense.....

Big Grin

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Bitstream Believer since early '94
2017-10-14, 21:02 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-15 00:12 by Briain.)
(2017-10-14 19:10)PeteA Wrote:  With a fuller picture, it all starts to make more sense.....

Big Grin

A mighty fine but of investigative work! Smile

Edit: meant to be 'bit', not 'but'; darned iPad keyboard thingy strikes again! Big Grin

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
KDS Renew -> Homebrew fixed attenuator -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik front sub (bedroom)
MDSI -> 104C (awaiting installation in my kitchen)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2017-10-14, 21:42
(2017-10-14 19:10)PeteA Wrote:  With a fuller picture, it all starts to make more sense.....

Big Grin
It does?

Tin can telephone system.
2017-10-14, 22:39
(2017-10-14 13:52)PeteA Wrote:  Bearing in mind 'The Hives' are also on there, my wager would be a poster/flyer for a gig or some other musical event.....

P.S. Paul, 'The Gilad Boogie' sounds like it might be a fab tune, any idea where I can get a copy, preferably in hi-res?

Sorry Pete, I dont have a copy.

But I think it is a jazz, classical, hip hop, rap, country hybrid tune, sung to the lyrics from “It’s a Wonderful World”. Tongue

The background picture looks like they have the names of the bands who have performed at this pub/theatre printed onto the stairs, as you walk up the stairs into the theatre?

Exakt Surround 5.0: