Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-02-21, 14:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / What to Buy / Build an Akurate system

Build an Akurate system
2017-11-07, 07:32 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-07 07:33 by Tin.)
RE: Build an Akurate system
As for the phono stage, if you feel confident opening up a computer and installing/replacing components, you'll feel confident reconfiguring the pre as well. It is just as easy/scary.

The daughterboard can take 3 positions: MM, MC and as an ordinary input. There are texts printed on the board so you can identify the current configuration and see how you have to rotate it.
When you've done that, double check in Konfig before connecting equipment.
Best to check the current configuration in Konfig as well, so you'll know what to look for afterwards.

SO is, can be, amazing. Its initial calculations are not perfect though, rather a good head start, but there is plenty of expertise here to help you with that.

Tin can telephone system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-07, 17:25
For the phone stage, I find the built inn stage quite capable with MM - very happy with it. Have tested both with K9, K18 and Dynavector 10x as you have. The MC stage did not impress at all.
It's supereasy to change from MM to MC but you may watch the delaer do it for you if you have not opened electronics or tried to hock up your own car stereo.

LP12, Keel, Radikal, Ekos 2, Kandid, Urika 1, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I, MISO
Secondary system: Linn LP12, Ittok LVII, Adikt/2, Majik DSM/2, M6100, active M109 (+ a Basik and an Axis for the cottage)
2017-11-07, 22:44
Changing the daughter board is straight forward enough. Had a look to see which way it was configured when I got the ADSM and even found the dealer instructions online. Very easy to do.
If I ever change to a crystal it will probably be when I upgrade my LP12 to radical so will likely go urika because of the bundle price being so much cheaper than individually upgrading each part. But that is for then and this is now and just getting used to the ADSM/2200 and trying to find my ideal speaker position but enjoying the journey none the less.