Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-21, 09:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / AVG Woes...

AVG Woes...
2017-09-23, 21:42
Rolleyes AVG Woes...
Having used AVG for a few years now, I recently renewed my subscription. I don't often use Kinsky on my laptop, however, tonight, I tried to - and failed. After some time, I finally sourced the problem - AVG. When I switched it off, all was functional once more. No problem - or so I thought - there must be some way to add "an exception" - there was - but it didn't help. The only way I can get Kinsky working as it did is to switch off AVG completely - which is clearly not advisable. Anyone else seeing this problem?

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-23, 22:31 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-23 22:34 by Donald.)
RE: AVG Woes...
Numerous Threads bemoaning such problems with anti-virus software, especially with Konfig - I ran out of patience with AVG and Avast after trying to add Exceptions etc. etc.

You could try following the advice here:-

Solution to fix AVG

Or switch to another anti-virus software that doesn't exhibit these problems.

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
2017-09-24, 12:49
A customers system suddenly quit earlier this year, he was using windows 8 with avg. A windows update had turned off filesharing, but turning it back on didn't fix things. Turning off avg didn't help, I finally uninstalled avg and everything started working properly so we just activated the windows virus and firewall.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-26, 19:49
Well.... I sat down 5 minutes determined to get to the bottom of this issue - fully expecting it to take most of the evening - but I've fixed it - simply by changing the network profiles from public to private.
And so Donald (Brother of Davey) - I thank you ! Wink
I'm off to listen to some music ! Smile

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub