Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-22, 21:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Stop Command - Spotify

Stop Command - Spotify
2017-09-23, 21:50
Stop Command - Spotify
I'm SO pleased Spotify has finally been integrated into Linn DS's - no more Airplay - fantastic ! However, one slight issue is that the STOP command acts in exactly the same way as PAUSE. Is this the way it has to be - or is it a "bug" ?

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2nd setup - Sneaky, Elderly Majiki, 109s, M&K VX7 Sub
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-24, 07:22
RE: Stop Command - Spotify
Do you mean from the spotify app Stop button?
It's the same as for Kazoo - and AFAIK, the only way to STOP is a long-press on the pause button of the Linn remote control, but how that would work with Spotify I don't know.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [DS214play +Jitterbug, MinimServer], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 652(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-09-24, 09:37
(2017-09-24 07:22)timster Wrote:  Do you mean from the spotify app Stop button?
It's the same as for Kazoo - and AFAIK, the only way to STOP is a long-press on the pause button of the Linn remote control, but how that would work with Spotify I don't know.
I was meaning when using the STOP button on the Linn remote.
i.e. When listening to a Kinsky track (from a NAS playlist) one has the option to either pause or stop the track. When PLAY is pressed after STOPPING the track, the track plays from the beginning - great for getting the first few bars of a track in your head before making a change - just do a STOP/PLAY, say, 3 times before making the change.
Since the integration of Spotify - playing direct rather than airplaying, I've found that Spotify playlists can be handled with the Linn remote in exactly the same way as if the tracks came from my NAS. The only difference seems to be that the STOP command behaves as a PAUSE command. The only way to get a Spotify track to play from the beginning after pausing it is to hit the track in question on my iPad/iPhone.

KDSM Mk3>Solos>242Mk3, Solo/D>225, Rears: 2200D > 109s, M&K MX350 Sub (Netgear ReadyNAS NV+, Oppo 105, Anthem D2v)
2017-09-26, 08:30
(2017-09-24 09:37)Sound Hound Wrote:  
(2017-09-24 07:22)timster Wrote:  Do you mean from the spotify app Stop button?
I was meaning when using the STOP button on the Linn remote.
i.e. When listening to a Kinsky track (from a NAS playlist) one has the option to either pause or stop the track. When PLAY is pressed after STOPPING the track, the track plays from the beginning - great for getting the first few bars of a track in your head before making a change - just do a STOP/PLAY, say, 3 times before making the change.
Since the integration of Spotify - playing direct rather than airplaying, I've found that Spotify playlists can be handled with the Linn remote in exactly the same way as if the tracks came from my NAS. The only difference seems to be that the STOP command behaves as a PAUSE command. The only way to get a Spotify track to play from the beginning after pausing it is to hit the track in question on my iPad/iPhone.

The interface to Spotify does not define a 'Stop' action - only 'Play' and 'Pause', hence there is no support for the 'pause-and-replay-from-start-of-track' with one key press which you are after.

A single press of the 'Previous' button in the Spotify app should restart playback of the current track (but this doesn't work from Android)
2017-09-26, 08:41
(2017-09-26 08:30)rockfather Wrote:  The interface to Spotify does not define a 'Stop' action - only 'Play' and 'Pause', hence there is no support for the 'pause-and-replay-from-start-of-track' with one key press which you are after.

A single press of the 'Previous' button in the Spotify app should restart playback of the current track (but this doesn't work from Android)

I figured this might be the case. Once a Spotify playlist is "loaded" I was hoping to use the Linn remote (with it's "hard" buttons) to perform actions. I thought maybe skip back would do what I desire, but this command does just what it says on the tin - skips back to the previous track ! No worries though -I'm over the moon that Spotify has been integrated - Thankyou !!! Smile