Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 08:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Music / Recorded Music v / An Hamburger Linnies

An Hamburger Linnies
2017-09-25, 13:21
RE: An Hamburger Linnies
(2017-09-25 12:52)ChrisW Wrote:  Check out her solo performance at 1:46 on the iPlayer link.
Unbelievable timing and precision.

No, you can't make me listen to her again ... "Tout Dit" indeed!

Unidisk SC | Majik LP12 | Trampolin 2 | Lingo 3.
Akurate DSM | Akurate Exaktbox 10 | 2 x Akurate 4200/1 | Exakt dual-mono Keilidhs
Raspberry Pi 2 Model B | IQAudio Pi-DAC+ | Audiolab 8000A | AR28s.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-26, 00:06 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-26 00:13 by Wat.)
(2017-09-25 09:38)timster Wrote:  
(2017-09-25 09:33)Tin Wrote:  
(2017-09-25 00:23)Wat Wrote:  progressive medieval folk metal
The worst part is that I probably even know what you mean by that, but it really shouldn't make any sense at all. Smile

Ha. Progressive and medieval in one phrase is bad enough. But folk metal? Now they're just making it up...

Here.is the excellent Ougenweide (not sure embedded YouTube works on an iPad so please try https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fSwVglFMpI8 if you're intrigued.

Please don't confuse progressive medieval folk metal with heavy folk metal groups like Subway to Sally (Germany) Skyclad (UK): most of Skyclad LPs are on YouTube. Both genres contain some fine bands.

Perhaps one of the first & most well known progressive medieval folk metal songs is Alison Gross by Steeleye Span. A traditional tale of "the ugliest witch in the north country" & her attempts to get a man to become her lover & punish him through a transformation.

I think these genres contrast nicely with classical symphonic metal of bands like Nightwish from Finland.

It always puzzles me why do not see more of this wonderful music in the hit parade.

Digital Juke Box & KLP12 into KK/1D+KCT through SD9s
MDSM3 through MG12s
2017-09-26, 06:14
I actually quite like that, musically it is very pleasant to listen to. The texts elude me though, so I might miss some horrible things with summoning of demons.
In the Netherlands we had music like that in the early 70s as well, and being 5 at the time I did like the castle and minstrel references, so for me these are happy but simple memories.

ChrisW/Donald: What joke/quarrel am I missing between the 2 of you?

Tin can telephone system.