Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 18:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / Ask a Question v / Qobuz irritation/customer service query

Qobuz irritation/customer service query
2017-09-25, 20:28
Qobuz irritation/customer service query
Dear all,

Just trying to get ahead of the curve here...
Got an email from Qobuz saying my subscription will end in 2 days due to a problem with payment.

My credit card expired at the end of August (though I've been using my new one for the last 6 weeks)...but of course, now the original card expiry is affecting my Qobuz subs. There is nowhere on the website to update it (unlike Amazon, etc who send you an email when the card is near expiry)...and when I click RESUBSCRIBE, I start a new subscription, make the payment but it now won't let me enter my details as it says the username and email address are already in use!!! This is very frustrating, and I have no way of knowing whether a)my new payment has been made, or b) if it has, whether I can continue as before with all my downloads etc. and same username etc.

Has anyone else been caught in this Catch22, and if so, what was the resolution/work around, please?

Many thanks.
Rob

PS... Now with Spotify embedded into Kazoo, wondering if I should just get shot of Qobuz (which I like) and step down to just one streaming subs.

Klimax Renew DS > AK/0/D > Majik 6100 > Chakra Activ Kaber.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-09-25, 20:41
RE: Qobuz irritation/customer service query
Just send them an email.

Tin can telephone system.
2017-09-25, 20:54
Thanks - have done.
Strangely, if I go into the Web Player, rather than the website, it has a different MY ACCOUNT area, which highlights my problem... but suggests I update my PayPal... (I don't even pay them via PP)... it flicks back to the website if I try to update it, and still says I have to resubscribe. Very poor interface.

Losing faith and interest. Strangely, my Qobuz still works... so maybe I'll just get it for free from now on (!)

2017-09-26, 19:14
Update: Qobuz took my cash, but I have no log in, as it wouldn't let me use the same username following re-subscription - I just quit the browser. I can still access my old account, but it says I have no subscription, despite re-subcribing via the email link.

Their customer service is weak - it looks like they google-translated my email, and their response back. If they can't relink payment to my existing account, I will be looking for a refund and can only conclude they didn't imagine anyone wanting to stay with them for longer than the expiry date on a credit card.

I'm guessing paypal is the best option for continuous payment...?

2017-09-27, 00:06
(2017-09-26 19:14)rob29 Wrote:  Update: Qobuz took my cash, but I have no log in, as it wouldn't let me use the same username following re-subscription - I just quit the browser. I can still access my old account, but it says I have no subscription, despite re-subcribing via the email link.

Their customer service is weak - it looks like they google-translated my email, and their response back. If they can't relink payment to my existing account, I will be looking for a refund and can only conclude they didn't imagine anyone wanting to stay with them for longer than the expiry date on a credit card.

I'm guessing paypal is the best option for continuous payment...?

In my experience they will sort it out. Sometimes the first line response to a complex (i.e. non-standard) problem in a foreign language can leave you short but if you reply back and explain what is wrong and what you want to happen they are usually very good. Quite often it's the original owner that replies to complex English queries.

I know that's easy for me to say when it's you that has the problem today but I also had some confusion over my re-subscribe (I just happened to be one of the early ones for sublime plus due to timing) but they quickly resolved it and I am sure they will do yours. Just get the email back to them and make it clear what outcome you want/need.

cheers
2017-09-27, 07:53 (This post was last modified: 2017-09-27 08:12 by mcgillroy.)
My mail contacts with them both in English & German have been pretty good experiences. Quite responsive and helpful - unlike for example Spotify or Apple Music.

Webdesign and Apps are inconsistent though. Apparently outsourced to different teams. I keep pestering them to better their metadata handling with classical music (composers, conductors etc per track) & it seems that stuff is not done in-house.

Write them again, I am sure they are happy to keep their retention rate up.

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - active Kabers - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime.
2017-09-27, 13:45
Thanks for your support chaps... second email sent and new reply looks more promising.
Fingers crossed.