Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-18, 04:58 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Flog the lot and start again at the top ! ?

Flog the lot and start again at the top ! ?
2017-10-04, 16:10 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-04 16:26 by To be a Rock and not a Roll.)
RE: Flog the lot and start again at the top ! ?
(2017-10-04 15:54)sunbeamgls Wrote:  ...but if you want to enjoy the process of swapping stuff out to hear the difference they make you could research the end game then plot a 12 month plan to get there.
You might like to do that or you might consider that a waste of time!

Definitely not a waste of time !
I remember each upgrade and how I would actively enjoy playing lots of lots of albums just to hear that new difference on another slab of vinyl.....

Basik to Axis - borrowed my mates Axis for a week
Upgrade from Blacks to Silvers on my Ikemi - mega bang for buck that one
Going activ on my Kabers for the first time

All great moments, but I would kidding myself if I thought I could replicate those moments in the same way.... Right now the ‘faff’ of changing anything that then ‘broke’ would stress me too much.
Things were a lot simpler then, and I take zero joy from home networking or software upgrades.... Horses for courses Smile

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
And a lot of Dummies books on IPads, Home networks and Windows 8
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-04, 17:36
(2017-10-04 16:10)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  ... I take zero joy from home networking or software upgrades....

On networking, I have to agree. It's just plumbing (and mighty annoying when it doesn't work properly). Software upgrades (including, of course, Space Optimisations) are a bit different. Sometimes they can get you precisely that 'lots of bang for not many bucks' that can happen with cables. Except, of course, with software it's often lots of bang for no bucks at all Smile.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-10-04, 18:00
(2017-10-04 17:36)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2017-10-04 16:10)To be a Rock and not a Roll Wrote:  ... I take zero joy from home networking or software upgrades....

On networking, I have to agree. It's just plumbing (and mighty annoying when it doesn't work properly). Software upgrades (including, of course, Space Optimisations) are a bit different. Sometimes they can get you precisely that 'lots of bang for not many bucks' that can happen with cables. Except, of course, with software it's often lots of bang for no bucks at all Smile.

David

Ha ha Big Grin
Your so right David....
I take the minimal approach, while accepting I can’t be completely agnostic of technology, let me try to articulate my level of laziness - It took me just over 2 years to apply Space, I knew I was being ridicules however when CJ set-up my Keltiks 6 years ago they have not moved an inch and never has a day past where I felt the need to move them, so they haven’t been moved Smile

LP12, Renew, KK in Black, Tunebox full of cards, LK140 X3, Klout on the Mid, Keltiks, lots of Silver Linn Cables, thick grey expensive cable under the floor boards AKA K600.
2017-10-04, 18:44
(2017-10-04 17:36)DavidHB Wrote:  

David

Ha ha Big Grin
Your so right David....
I take the minimal approach, while accepting I can’t be completely agnostic of technology, let me try to articulate my level of laziness - It took me just over 2 years to apply Space, I knew I was being ridicules however when CJ set-up my Keltiks 6 years ago they have not moved an inch and never has a day past where I felt the need to move them, so they haven’t been moved Smile