Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-15, 03:48 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / LP 12 on spec

LP 12 on spec
2017-10-02, 00:29
LP 12 on spec
I have bought a LP 12 that I hope to re-sell. The price was extremely low because it does not turn. I understand that the on/off switch does come on.

The fault could be the Valhalla, the switch or the motor. How do I determine which is the bad part? Is there a Valhalla re-builder in the US or does this board have to be sent to the UK?

Best,

John Hirsch
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-02, 01:07
RE: LP 12 on spec
(2017-10-02 00:29)John Hirsch Wrote:  I have bought a LP 12 that I hope to re-sell. The price was extremely low because it does not turn. I understand that the on/off switch does come on.

The fault could be the Valhalla, the switch or the motor. How do I determine which is the bad part? Is there a Valhalla re-builder in the US or does this board have to be sent to the UK?

Best,

John Hirsch

neiljadman from California on ebay does an excellent job (100% positive feedback). He has restored two Linn Valhalla power supplies for me with excellent results. Give him a call, great guy with plenty of experience.

86LP12 + 2015 Cirkus + Lingo2 + 2015 Majik Standard Sub-chassis/arm-board + Ittok LVII + 2017 Soundsmith rebuilt Troika + T-Kable + Tramp2 + Linto + AkurateD CD + AV5103/AV5105 + 2x AV5125D + 2X Ninka + Trikan + 2X Komponent 104 + Sizmik10.25 + Silvers + Blacks + K400s + K20s
2017-10-02, 15:26
(2017-10-02 00:29)John Hirsch Wrote:  I have bought a LP 12 that I hope to re-sell. The price was extremely low because it does not turn. I understand that the on/off switch does come on.

Best,

John Hirsch

The fault is most likely to be the Valhalla. There are probably several dealers capable of a proper rebuild on the Valhalla. You hadn't mentioned what part of the US you are in.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-02, 15:35 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-02 15:38 by Paulssurround.)
(2017-10-02 15:26)bettermusic Wrote:  

Best,

John Hirsch

The fault is most likely to be the Valhalla. There are probably several dealers capable of a proper rebuild on the Valhalla. You hadn't mentioned what part of the US you are in.

John is in Washington DC.

I could recommend sending the turntable to ThomasOK at Overture Audio in Ann Arbour Michigan.

Alternately, I would send it to Gary at Better Music in Niagara Falls area (St. Catharines), in Canada.

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels