Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-17, 16:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / akurate dsm and konfig problems

akurate dsm and konfig problems
2017-10-04, 07:20
akurate dsm and konfig problems
This afternoon I was using optimisation in konfig. After setting distances and optimising there was no music from the system.

Switched off and on but no difference. So started up konfig again and all my speakers were missing from exakt settings. The two exakt boxes were there. The strangest thing of all was the listing of 2 akudoric stands which I do'nt own. In the exakt and optimisation sections of konfig the cursor was continually spinning as it was searching.

Tried to reset on akurate dsm with button on back. After 30 minutes with the lighting bolt flashing I switched off.

So no movies or music. I hope it has'nt bricked itself.

If you have any ideas on what to do please let me know

Stewie
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-09, 08:31
RE: akurate dsm and konfig problems
(2017-10-04 07:20)stewie Wrote:  This afternoon I was using optimisation in konfig. After setting distances and optimising there was no music from the system.

Switched off and on but no difference. So started up konfig again and all my speakers were missing from exakt settings. The two exakt boxes were there. The strangest thing of all was the listing of 2 akudoric stands which I do'nt own. In the exakt and optimisation sections of konfig the cursor was continually spinning as it was searching.

Tried to reset on akurate dsm with button on back. After 30 minutes with the lighting bolt flashing I switched off.

So no movies or music. I hope it has'nt bricked itself.

If you have any ideas on what to do please let me know

Stewie

Sounds like the software in the Exakt box(es) has become corrupted. Does the Akurate DSM show in Konfig as 'Exakt disabled' ? That's what happened to me recently. The only speakers I could add were analog.

Reset the Exakt box(es) by pressing fallback on the back of them as well as putting the DSM in fallback. Then reload the latest Davaar
[/u].

Good luck

Andy.
2017-10-09, 10:26 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-09 10:26 by joshh.)
There were some problems with Exakt devices and Konfig last week which have been resolved. Please make sure you have the latest version of Konfig installed. If you do, close and re-open Konfig before proceeding.

Worst case scenario if an update to the device failed partway through there is a fallback button on the back of your exakt hardware to recover this.

A note about Akudorik Exakt. The Exakt technology is built into the stand portion, and we offer different variations of the stand which can not be differentiated by Konfig, which is why it will report an Akudorik stand.
2017-10-10, 03:13
I have since recovered the situation. I usually use a win 7 laptop to open konfig but after many tries still could not exakt working.
Went to my win 10 desktop and everything worked first time. The strangest thing of all is when I went back to win 7 laptop after a few seconds konfig was back to normal.
I did lose all the optimisation measurements.
I ca'nt work out what has happened here except for damaged disk. It's working now so I am quite relieved

Stewie
2017-10-10, 06:20
(2017-10-10 03:13)stewie Wrote:  I have since recovered the situation. I usually use a win 7 laptop to open konfig but after many tries still could not exakt working.
Went to my win 10 desktop and everything worked first time. The strangest thing of all is when I went back to win 7 laptop after a few seconds konfig was back to normal.
I did lose all the optimisation measurements.
I ca'nt work out what has happened here except for damaged disk. It's working now so I am quite relieved

Stewie

Glad to hear it - but hope you have now saved your SO profiles so you won't lose them again! (SO->Open->Export)

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-10-12, 05:45
I have restarted measuring and entering data into konfig to have another go at optimisation.

Set konfig to optimise and got the tech data. After applying to system konfig crashes and reports no speakers to select. Using konfig on another computer there is only one speakler that can't be seen and that is an akubaric (konfig is looking for exakt doric stand).

Have'nt been able to find any info about this so people give me some hope.

Stewart

ps only reason doing optimisation at the moment is so I can balance my speakers volume
2017-10-12, 08:34
(2017-10-12 05:45)stewie Wrote:  I have restarted measuring and entering data into konfig to have another go at optimisation.

Set konfig to optimise and got the tech data. After applying to system konfig crashes and reports no speakers to select. Using konfig on another computer there is only one speakler that can't be seen and that is an akubaric (konfig is looking for exakt doric stand).

Have'nt been able to find any info about this so people give me some hope.

Stewart

ps only reason doing optimisation at the moment is so I can balance my speakers volume

There is a left and right balance in konfig