Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-18, 00:06 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Cymbiosis LP12 Build

Cymbiosis LP12 Build
2017-10-05, 14:45 (This post was last modified: 2017-10-05 14:47 by LD100.)
RE: Cymbiosis LP12 Build
I hope people realize how fortunate they are having a dealer like Peter.Smile

I got better service dealing with Cymbiosis over the internet for parts than I did when I bought my Linn new in 1978.

I still remember carrying that big LP12 box out to my car, and nobody at the store even helped hold the door open.

Buying my LP12 was like buying a hammer at a hardware store. You give them your money, they give you a hammer. Period. Sad

Original 1978 Fluted Afromosia LP12, Ekos 2, Lyra Kleos SL and lots of other stuff from the 70's that still work fine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-07, 10:18
Fortunately I live about a mile from the Cymbiosis and last year purchased a Peter built LP12. Whilst there has been a number of changes, visually the deck has remained the same. Hopefully the photograph does justice and illustrates the quality of the components. Needless to say it sounds great.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

2017-10-07, 13:20
(2017-10-07 10:18)Happyharry Wrote:  Fortunately I live about a mile from the Cymbiosis and last year purchased a Peter built LP12. Whilst there has been a number of changes, visually the deck has remained the same. Hopefully the photograph does justice and illustrates the quality of the components. Needless to say it sounds great.

Very nice! Is that walnut?

My system: LP12/Keel/Radikal/Ekos 2/Akiva/Akurate DSM1/Cisco WS-C2960-8TC-L/ QNAP 219P II / Kudos /2 x C6100-D/Akubarik (externally active).
2017-10-07, 21:50
Great to hear someone else has had a similar story to mine.

Went on with a Project turntable for a while. Wanted an LP12, thought it was way out of my league. Peter and Wayne at Cymbiosis soon had me sorted out, even managed to get the particular look i was hoping for too - i wouldn't change it for the world now - no way. Sounds great, looks great, lovely to use. And music keeps arriving from the shops.

TV has nearly been disconnected - it can be a week between uses now!!

LP12, Cirkus, Afro corner braced plinth, Akito 2b, used a classic style armboard (i wanted that original logo), new lid and hinges, AT530ML cartridge. and it sounds fantastic. yes i spent more than i thought an eBay special would - but this thing looks new, classical, and sounds just fantastic.

Best thing i ever did, phoning Cymbiosis - fact!
2017-10-08, 10:10
(2017-10-07 13:20)Tendaberry Wrote:  
(2017-10-07 10:18)Happyharry Wrote:  Fortunately I live about a mile from the Cymbiosis and last year purchased a Peter built LP12. Whilst there has been a number of changes, visually the deck has remained the same. Hopefully the photograph does justice and illustrates the quality of the components. Needless to say it sounds great.

Very nice! Is that walnut?

At the time whilst putting the components together Peter offered a number of different woods and this walnut plinth ticked all the boxes.
2017-10-08, 15:09
Love that plinth, makes me want to change my black ash one.