Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 14:08 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Tukan Brakit

Tukan Brakit
2017-10-06, 10:57
Tukan Brakit
Hi , I've been looking for a linn tukan brakit on ebay for about the last year but haven't found anything yet (as soon as i put all the wiring in behind the plsaterboard the supply of course dried up). Can anyone suggest a suitable stealthy alternative? Alternatively does anyone have a pair that they are not too attached to?

Thanks for any help
Mark
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-06, 18:43
RE: Tukan Brakit
Try Richard at Kresendo hifi
Great fella,great service
2017-10-07, 10:13
RE: Tukan Brakit
I use Brakits on my Katans and when it came to positioning the Kan IVs in the Breakfast room going onto the wall was the preferred option. Like you, I looked for ages but in the end I bought some from Audio Affair. There are two sizes -the standard Katans are approximately 6" between centre for the wall side and the smaller ones are approx. 4" between centres. These at AA don't list Kan IV or Tukan but they work. What I can remember is whether I drilled small diameter (very small - with a dremel) pilot holes in the rears of the Kan IVs. I think that I did and used the originals as a guide. If I did then it was very easy and in no way detracts from the looks or sound.

These are the ones that I bought:

http://www.audioaffair.co.uk/linn-classi...ets-single

Primary: LP12, Gaio, KRDS/1, Akurate Tuner, USC, Sony BRP, Kinos, 3 x 5125, Espeks, Ekwal, Katans, 2 x Sizmik 10.5, Stax 507. Stands Unique Supports
Secondary: LP12, Dino/Dino+, Pekin, Genki, Kairn, 3 x LK85, Keilidhs, Stands Unique Supports
Tertiary: Raumfeld Connector, Classik, Kan IVs