Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Forum and Community Feedback v / banned, but not on the run.

banned, but not on the run.
2017-10-22, 13:05
banned, but not on the run.
Just out of interest, how can post appear from a 'banned' individual?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-22, 14:03
RE: banned, but not on the run.
Probably posted before they were banned. Posts seem to stay after the poster has been banned, unless the posts are contentious.

Mick

Klimax LP12 * KDS/3 * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2018-03-12, 13:51
(2017-10-22 14:03)mickc Wrote:  Probably posted before they were banned. Posts seem to stay after the poster has been banned, unless the posts are contentious.

Mick

But what do they do to get banned ?

LP12/Radikal-D/Keel/Ekos 1/Klyde/Superline/SC2
CDS3/XPS2 DR
ND5 XS/XP5 XS
252/SC2 DR/250 DR
Kabers
2018-03-12, 16:33
For asking questions of those who must be obeyed!. LOL

KR
Steve aka The Flatearther.

Peter Swain Signature Moonburst Wenge No.57 Klimax LP12 - TP Tranquility - Naim Aro - Linn Kandid - Linn KDS - Naim amplification - Linn Isobariks.
2018-03-12, 18:06
You can get banned for many reason's, but usually for being a troll on the Forum, such as picking fights with other members. Usually you are given a warning from the moderator first, if you are identified as a disruptive force.

Also the Forum has a strict policy of not allowing advertising the sale of your gear or buying other gear.

Also, if you are giving dodgy advice that could be harmful to HiFi equipment.

I have noticed that threads can get shut down if you are a wee bit political , mentioning contentious issues of a political nature.

Posting pictures of your cat is not usually a reason to be banned. Parrots and elephants are also okay. Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, AkuKat Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 203 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2018-03-13, 02:31
I think someone got banned by accident once. Can't remember who it was, but that is what they said when I asked and as they were still posting I assume that was right. Smile

Unless banned is a mistype of the Glasgow term for 'having listened to some of wee Robbie's love songs or poetry' - Wee, sleekit, cow'rin, tim'rous beastie. . And all that stuff Smile