Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-24, 10:16 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Linn Website Feedback v / Kiko?

Kiko?
2017-10-31, 07:55
Kiko?
Just been looking up what the website says about the Kiko. No much!

There appears to be a lack of information. There is no detail on the speakers at all (eg. power rating, number and type of drive units etc, as there is for all the others), and when you select "network music player" to find out about it, it takes you to the main network music players page, which only shows the Klimax, Akurate and Majik.

Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-10-31, 07:57
RE: Kiko?
(2017-10-31 07:55)timster Wrote:  Just been looking up what the website says about the Kiko. No much!

There appears to be a lack of information. There is no detail on the speakers at all (eg. power rating, number and type of drive units etc, as there is for all the others), and when you select "network music player" to find out about it, it takes you to the main network music players page, which only shows the Klimax, Akurate and Majik.
At least it is still on the price list, Sneaky has disappeared altogether.

Tin can telephone system.
Find all posts by this user
2017-10-31, 08:06
(2017-10-31 07:57)Tin Wrote:  
(2017-10-31 07:55)timster Wrote:  Just been looking up what the website says about the Kiko. No much!

At least it is still on the price list, Sneaky has disappeared altogether.

I think Sneaky/Sekrit are in transition. The Sneaky DS is now Sekrit DS (http://docs.linn.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Sneaky_Music_DS)
But the Sneaky DSM is still in Linn docs. It's all very confusing.

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2017-10-31, 15:23
(2017-10-31 07:55)timster Wrote:  There appears to be a lack of information. There is no detail on the speakers at all (eg. power rating, number and type of drive units etc, as there is for all the others), and when you select "network music player" to find out about it, it takes you to the main network music players page, which only shows the Klimax, Akurate and Majik.

The Kiko is not a network music player. It's a complete system, which is why you find it listed under 'Music Systems' on the website Smile.

The limited data is largely the result of the fact that there's not a lot to say. The DSM and speakers are not meant to be used separately, so power output/ handling figures are of little value (unless you stick to the outmoded belief that higher output and higher quality are the same thing).

In case you haven't picked this up, each speaker has two drive units, and is run Aktiv, with the digital crossovers and four amplifier channels housed in the DSM. For what it is, the Kiko is surprisingly good. I can make the transition to it from my Exakt system without feeling completely let down.

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
Find all posts by this user
2017-10-31, 16:15
(2017-10-31 15:23)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2017-10-31 07:55)timster Wrote:  There appears to be a lack of information. There is no detail on the speakers at all (eg. power rating, number and type of drive units etc, as there is for all the others), and when you select "network music player" to find out about it, it takes you to the main network music players page, which only shows the Klimax, Akurate and Majik.

The Kiko is not a network music player. It's a complete system, which is why you find it listed under 'Music Systems' on the website Smile.

The limited data is largely the result of the fact that there's not a lot to say. The DSM and speakers are not meant to be used separately, so power output/ handling figures are of little value (unless you stick to the outmoded belief that higher output and higher quality are the same thing).

In case you haven't picked this up, each speaker has two drive units, and is run Aktiv, with the digital crossovers and four amplifier channels housed in the DSM. For what it is, the Kiko is surprisingly good. I can make the transition to it from my Exakt system without feeling completely let down.

David

Yes, I know it is listed there. But the point is, on the page for the Kiko System, there is a link to the Network Player part and then another link to "Read more about our Network Players" - which one would think would include details about the Kiko - but it doesn't.
As for the speaker information, you have provided more than the website does. I don't see why "powered actively by two amplifiers" is enough for Kiko but plainly not for any other speaker, includng the Series 5 "Music System" 520s and 530s which are detailed like any other, including drive unit specs.

Just saying Wink

Hello to Jason Isaacs