Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-11-24, 09:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / Akubarik Katalyst Events

Akubarik Katalyst Events
2017-11-05, 17:53
Akubarik Katalyst Events
I think there have been a couple of Akubarik Katalyst dealer events this week - surprised no reports on the forum. Any feedback or is everyone out working overtime to pay for the upgrade? Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-11-06, 20:41
RE: Akubarik Katalyst Events
(2017-11-05 17:53)drsean Wrote:  ... or is everyone out working overtime to pay for the upgrade? Big Grin

Probably interviewing getaway drivers Wink

LP12SE, KDSM/2, Zoneripper
Asset / Kazoo
Akubariks
2017-11-07, 00:09
(2017-11-06 20:41)Visoflex Wrote:  
(2017-11-05 17:53)drsean Wrote:  ... or is everyone out working overtime to pay for the upgrade? Big Grin

Probably interviewing getaway drivers Wink

Big GrinBig Grin

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-11-11, 12:48
I went to Hidden Systems, Chris was comfortable with me attending without shall we say a high interest in upgrading my to Akubarik's to Katalyst. My wife (the Finance Committee) attended as well. The result being next day we placed the order for the upgrade. Chris gave a good demonstration with a wide variety of music. In simplistic terms more air /separation of the instruments etc etc. Just read the comments from others on what they think and in general I agree with those comments. Thanks Chris the last thing I needed was an extra invoice around Christmas time.

Harvey and Pookah
2017-11-11, 13:44
(2017-11-11 12:48)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  I went to Hidden Systems, Chris was comfortable with me attending without shall we say a high interest in upgrading my to Akubarik's to Katalyst. My wife (the Finance Committee) attended as well. The result being next day we placed the order for the upgrade. Chris gave a good demonstration with a wide variety of music. In simplistic terms more air /separation of the instruments etc etc. Just read the comments from others on what they think and in general I agree with those comments. Thanks Chris the last thing I needed was an extra invoice around Christmas time.

You won't regret it. Kat is a big upgrade and I think excellent v.f.m. despite the cost.

The upgrade has dramatically increased my enjoyment of streamed music (Qobuz 16 bit) - to the point where I'm seriously reconsidering long-held objection to 'renting'.

Even better for you with Sublime+ Big Grin

LP12 (Klimax Radikal/Urika, Keel, Chord SSA, Ekos SE, Lyra Kleos; TP Vulkan, Khan, TranQ, Skale); Klimax Exakt DSM, Exakt Akubariks.
2017-11-11, 20:15 (This post was last modified: 2017-11-11 20:17 by DavidHB.)
(2017-11-11 12:48)Harvey and his Pookah Wrote:  I went to Hidden Systems, Chris was comfortable with me attending without shall we say a high interest in upgrading my to Akubarik's to Katalyst. My wife (the Finance Committee) attended as well. The result being next day we placed the order for the upgrade. Chris gave a good demonstration with a wide variety of music. In simplistic terms more air /separation of the instruments etc etc. Just read the comments from others on what they think and in general I agree with those comments. Thanks Chris the last thing I needed was an extra invoice around Christmas time.

I was at this event as well, sat on the same sofa as 'Harvey'. I'd certainly agree with the 'more air' comment. Also, there was a noticeable bit of extra 'solidity' in the upper bass/lower midrange area. I had the good feel about the system that I'd find an even greater degree of enhancement if it were installed in my own listening room; over the years, that feeling has rarely let me down.

Of course, my interest was not in the integrated Katalyst Akubariks as such, but in getting an idea of what I could expect if and when a Katalyst upgrade to my Exaktbox 10 became available. That decision was clear cut: if I can have one, I want one. Of course we'd need to know the pricing before knowing how good a deal any upgrade would be, but if Linn's price is of the same order as the prices for other Akurate upgrades, getting the upgrade will be a no-brainer for me.

Thanks to Chris for his hospitality and for the usual crop of surprises. The moment when he demonstrated that a £900 Chord Ethernet cable actually made the system sound worse than a standard Cat 5 item, was, to put it mildly, magic ... Smile

David

Main system: [Basik/Basik+/K5/Lejonklou Gaio >][Roksan Kandy Mk III >] KEDSM > Akurate Exaktbox 10 > Linn Silvers> A4200 x 2 and A2200 > K600 > Akubariks
Second system: Kiko
2017-11-11, 20:57
(2017-11-11 20:15)DavidHB Wrote:  

I was at this event as well, sat on the same sofa as 'Harvey'. I'd certainly agree with the 'more air' comment. Also, there was a noticeable bit of extra 'solidity' in the upper bass/lower midrange area. I had the good feel about the system that I'd find an even greater degree of enhancement if it were installed in my own listening room; over the years, that feeling has rarely let me down.

Of course, my interest was not in the integrated Katalyst Akubariks as such, but in getting an idea of what I could expect if and when a Katalyst upgrade to my Exaktbox 10 became available. That decision was clear cut: if I can have one, I want one. Of course we'd need to know the pricing before knowing how good a deal any upgrade would be, but if Linn's price is of the same order as the prices for other Akurate upgrades, getting the upgrade will be a no-brainer for me.

Thanks to Chris for his hospitality and for the usual crop of surprises. The moment when he demonstrated that a £900 Chord Ethernet cable actually made the system sound worse than a standard Cat 5 item, was, to put it mildly, magic ... Smile

David

Great to read that the demo was a great success.

I can resoundingly say that my Katalyst upgrade for my Akubariks far exceeded my expectations.

So much so, I can’t recommend it highly enough.

One of the biggest sound quality upgrades I have ever done.

I am surprised by the Chord Ethernet cable demo results.

I wonder if would help if the cable was taken out of the packaging before installing it? TongueBig Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints.
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Triton, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels