Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-03-19, 11:41 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / Anybody got any idea what's going on?

Anybody got any idea what's going on?
2017-11-23, 22:49
RE: Anybody got any idea what's going on?
(2017-11-15 10:18)Tin Wrote:  
(2017-11-15 10:08)Willie Eckerslyke Wrote:  Thanks for the responses, especially the constructive ones....

Current suspicion is that, having tried the total reset without success, I may need to go back to an earlier Konfig?
That is a possibility as well, but the path, contrary to popular belief, really doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is the software you end up with.

But as you have doubts about that yourself, there is really no way telling what will happen.

I'd say that just a hard powercycle and a good glass of your favourite drink will fix more issues than believing in magical software update orders.

Sorry to bring this a bit harsh, but software images just happen to work in a certain way.

The Linn helpline have been very, err, helpful and I now have a properly functioning version of the current Davaar, so much musicality restored.

As for the differences between different Davaars and other software issues, the changes are subjectively obvious, and some are more musical than others. However, I've debated this before and am no longer interested in the "bits are bits" brigade's insistence that I'm wrong.

Particularly tonight, as a very fine Rioja is in danger of severe evaporation, and I'm not listening to digital because I have a new Kandid....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply