Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-16, 06:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Krystal Bias

Krystal Bias
2017-12-14, 22:41
RE: Krystal Bias
(2017-12-08 10:12)Mikeg Wrote:  
(2017-12-07 17:47)ThomasOK Wrote:  Headphones? That would be no fun at all. How would I torture my coworkers that way? I actually had one of the guys here offer me $10.00 to switch to another record - ANY other record.

For the record, we are not talking just bias adjustment here. I use one track on one record for all adjustments. This includes correct torques on the up to 25 fasteners on the LP12 where torque matters, top and bottom of the belt, positioning of the outer platter on the inner platter, siding the felt mat, tracking force, arm height, torques on the power supply, etc. It is safe to say they have heard the first 20 to 30 seconds of this track thousands of times.

The interesting thing is that despite hearing the track over and over, once I get the very last adjustment done - on an LP12 that would be the platter orientation - it sounds so good I want to listen to the entire track.

What record is it you use?

The track "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot off the "Sit Down Young Stranger" album.

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 17:48 (This post was last modified: Yesterday 17:49 by Peer Gynt.)
RE: Krystal Bias
(2017-12-14 22:41)ThomasOK Wrote:  The track "If You Could Read My Mind" by Gordon Lightfoot off the "Sit Down Young Stranger" album.

I’ve got to dig to find that cut. I remember it fondly. I’ve got a large collection of photos I’ve taken of Gordon on Stage. I should dig those out too.

I suppose familiarity breeds contempt in the case of your co-workers.
Keep up the good work!

Just listen .... or not
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply