Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-12-14, 20:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / Kazoo Problem

Kazoo Problem
2017-12-06, 13:11
Kazoo Problem
When operating my system through my IPAD I just get ...waiting for rooms, as far as I know I have not made any recent changes or updates.
If I go into settings it just shows .......waiting for, I've tried Rescan network but nothing happens. How can I make it find the Kazoo server.
I can access the system via Kazoo on a windows laptop.
Any advice would be appreciated (keep it simple).
Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2017-12-06, 13:34 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-06 13:35 by avalon.)
RE: Kazoo Problem
Simplest things to do is to kill the app on iPad, double click home swipe the app away then re click on kazoo. If this doesn’t work, power down the Ds as this will make it get a new IP address.

There are others and reasons, but I’m keeping it simple

Avalon

Akurate Exakt DSM,2 Akurate Exaktbox 6two Akurate 4200 power amps, klimax chakra twin(Dk), Akubarik High Gloss Rosewood speakers,nordost Tyr, ipad 2 & KazooServer Minimserver and Asset server running on a Qnap 251, backed up to remote Qnap 231. Sonos for multiroom. SPACED OUT
2017-12-06, 13:36
If restarting the app doesn't work, try a full shutdown on the ipad. Since it works from your laptop, Kazoo server isn't the problem.

Gary

LP12/Cirkus/Radikal/Kore/Ekos1/Tkable balanced/Uphorik/Krystal/ADSM/1/aktiv Akubariks
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-06, 13:44
Make sure your iPad is connected to the same network. I have a BT SmartHub and every couple of months my iPad will disconnect and then reconnect to BT WiFi-X, or whatever it’s now called, losing my access to the local network and the DS.

Mick

LP12SE * KDS/3 * KK/1/D * Solos/1/D * Akubarik/P
MDSM/3 * Majik 109
2017-12-06, 16:29
Thanks guys I appreciate your help.
The IPAD was connecting to the main router rather than the buffalo. The system still didn't find the Kazoo server so I the reloaded Kazoo on the IPAD and that did the trick.
2017-12-07, 10:54
I have had similar problems with both Kazoo and Lumin on my iPad.
I have traced this to my network.
It all started when my neighbour got a new router. The wifi waveband can become crowded, and signals can interfere with each other.
Channels are generally set at auto allocation by default, but sometimes it is necessary to set them manually so they do not interfere.
There is a lot on the net about this, and I am sure Briain will be able to say a lot more.

Don't forget your wifi speed is nothing to do with your internet speed.

One of the best programmes, free is iStumbler for Mac. I am told that Windows inSSIDer is similar.

I would check you have a strong signal available from your wifi first and that it is not competing with another one.

It appears that control programmes need more signal than e mail or browsers. Just my experience.

Hope this helps.

I doubt there is a problem with Kazoo.

Donuk sunny downtown York.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2017-12-09, 11:01
I've had the "waiting for rooms" a few times.
Best solution is to clear the cache on the Kazoo App.

Linn MajikDSI/SondekLP12/Lingo1/Akito/K9/K20 - Castle Conway3 - QNAP HS251
2017-12-09, 11:13 (This post was last modified: 2017-12-09 11:14 by bassato.)
solution might sound strange, but i also had quite a few networt issues like "waiting for room" in my rather complex environment (not only linn, also plex player et al.). after getting tired with all these niggles, i tried a lot with little or no effect but after switching from netgear switches to cisco all over it became fast, stable and realible. don't ask what's making the difference...

systems can be found in profile