Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Development v / Open Source at Linn

Open Source at Linn
2018-06-18, 09:43
RE: Open Source at Linn
Well, I'm glad I started this thread. Thanks to your transparency, Simon, we all know that what happens is not some evil plan to close everything behind garden walls, but rather the results of lack of resources. As sad as this may be, it is still a better situation as we understand this may change in the future.

As for the Konfig I really mourn the fate of Linux version even though it never was Open Source.

I really hope OpenHome can still gather a substantial support from third parties, because even as the time flies by, there still hasn't been a better solution for music streaming, as far as I know.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-19, 06:07
RE: Open Source at Linn
Thanks Simon for the reply and update. I understand porting Konfig to Android/ IOS will be quite an effort which might pay off in the end since it will for sure be much appreciated by the DS-user community and of course dealers who got to set-up and fine tune the systems. Easy to use Konfig front-end might be a sales point also.

Thanks again and looking forward to Linn progressing on this, Bernd

Linn Akurate DSM Mk1, Linn LP12-S/N89xxx Afromosia plinth - Kore/Cirkus - Ittok LVII - Koetsu Black - Lingo4 - Uphorik, Akurate 4200 bi-amped into Harbeth SHL5plus with Tonträger Audio reference stands
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply