Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-19, 23:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / SO with same front-end, speakers and room, but different middle

SO with same front-end, speakers and room, but different middle
2018-02-18, 21:16
RE: SO with same front-end, speakers and room, but different middle
(2018-02-18 17:54)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  The DSM firmware won't have any affect on the SO parameters. The alogrithms and modelling are done in Konfig.

Calculated and applied by Konfig but implemented in the Ds. I suspect the firmware has a hand in it. There is a minimum Davaar version for SO.
But I suspect all of Paul's perceived improvements come from neither. If he had an Exakt filter update for his Akubariks, that'll be where to look.

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Exaktbox Sub - BK Sub
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-18, 21:46
(2018-02-18 21:16)phino Wrote:  
(2018-02-18 17:54)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  The DSM firmware won't have any affect on the SO parameters. The alogrithms and modelling are done in Konfig.

Calculated and applied by Konfig but implemented in the Ds. I suspect the firmware has a hand in it. There is a minimum Davaar version for SO.
But I suspect all of Paul's perceived improvements come from neither. If he had an Exakt filter update for his Akubariks, that'll be where to look.

I think you are correct, but I gave up long ago trying to figure out what does what.

The source is where? Rolleyes

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, AkuKat Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 203 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2018-02-18, 21:56
(2018-02-18 21:46)Paulssurround Wrote:  
(2018-02-18 21:16)phino Wrote:  

I think you are correct, but I gave up long ago trying to figure out what does what.

The source is where? Rolleyes

In t' cupboard, with the salt and pepper Big Grin

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Exaktbox Sub - BK Sub