Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-02-20, 08:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / songcast and MacOs High Sierra

songcast and MacOs High Sierra
2018-02-12, 21:26
songcast and MacOs High Sierra
Dear Linn forum members,

I have a problem with songcast I hope you can help me with:

after installing songcast on my new MacBook Pro, MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3, the application seems to bee instsalled properly, but the sound output does not work through my Linn Majik DSI, but through the speakers of the computer only. This is the case even though I selected the DSI in 'listen to music on...' and it is highlighted as it should be.
Songcast is on the latest version, as is the MacOs.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!

Florian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-02-13, 05:16
RE: songcast and MacOs High Sierra
i would suggest uninstalling and trying again. I have Mac Book pro and Majik DSM and Songcast works fine

Majik DSM > Wisdom Audio Insight P4i; QNAP HS 210/ 2 SG 4TB; Minimserver; Mcbk Pro; Kinsky; Kazoo; Asset; iPad Air; iPhone 6s; Nexus 7; Bubble DS; Rega P25/Benz Ace/FF Pltr; McCormack CD Tport & DAC; AQ Dfly, K701
2018-02-13, 08:57
(2018-02-12 21:26)florianurban Wrote:  Dear Linn forum members,

I have a problem with songcast I hope you can help me with:

after installing songcast on my new MacBook Pro, MacOs High Sierra 10.13.3, the application seems to bee instsalled properly, but the sound output does not work through my Linn Majik DSI, but through the speakers of the computer only. This is the case even though I selected the DSI in 'listen to music on...' and it is highlighted as it should be.
Songcast is on the latest version, as is the MacOs.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you very much!

Florian

Does this happen no matter what you are trying to songcast? I don't know about Macs, but I had this on Windows a while back when I was trying to songcast from the Qobuz player. I can't remember the details, but I had to go into the Qobuz settings to select a different audio setting. I think it was outputting directly to the soundcard or something, bypassing songcast.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-02-13, 12:40
If you look to the top right hand side of your screen you will see a musical note, click that and that should open so you can select to play the music on the Mac or on your DS. I’m assuming that you’ve not noticed the icon.

I watch the waves roll in and roll out just the same
2018-02-16, 05:22
Also do not work here with High Sierra ?
2018-02-16, 08:42
It’s a little bit fiddly on Apple compared to Windows but it has worked for me on every Apple OS. As I said in the previous post there should be an icon at the top right hand of the screen of a musical note. Click it and it opens up a box which gives you the option to play sounds on either your Mac or hi-if, it won’t say hi-if but what ever name you have called your system. Select hi-if, then open Kinsky and songcast may already have been selected, if not select and click the play button.

2018-02-16, 10:18
Have done it, but used Kazoo and there is no Songcast....
2018-02-16, 12:22 (This post was last modified: 2018-02-16 13:44 by Scooter.)
(2018-02-16 10:18)erho Wrote:  Have done it, but used Kazoo and there is no Songcast....

Download Kinsky, not used it on Kazoo