Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-20, 15:28 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Troubleshooting v / Konfig not updating AKurate DS

Konfig not updating AKurate DS
2018-03-12, 22:29
Konfig not updating AKurate DS
Hi All,
I have been encountering a problem when I try to update KONFIG on my Akurate DS.
It is currently running Davaar 35 (4.35.1521) and the panel shows me that Davaar 50 (4.50.110) is the update available.
BTW when I open Konfig I get a pop up that says that a new version 4.35.92 is available which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Anyway when I proceed to update the SW using the Update All feature it goes through the installation but doesn't actually update anything. When I open Konfig after the "update" the panel shows me that I am still on 4.35.1521 and I I get the same message that a new version 4.35.92 is available.
I am on a Macbook Pro OSX 10.11.6

I would appreciate any input on how to solve this.

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-03-13, 07:47
RE: Konfig not updating AKurate DS
First things first - Konfig is a separate piece of software that runs on your Mac, which is different to (but needs to be compatible with) the software running on the DS (that's what you see in the Update panel, and is often referred to as the Davaar, although they are all actually Davaar). Confusing I know, but is why you have two update prompts - one for the DS and one for Konfig.

Basically, I would think it's because you need to update Konfig first as newer firmware for the DS (that's the 4.50.110) often requires a different version of Konfig (that's the 4.35.92).

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-03-13, 07:57 (This post was last modified: 2018-03-13 07:58 by timster (RadiatorCatHammock).)
RE: Konfig not updating AKurate DS
There is also something else you need to be aware of. The latest firmware is actually 4.62.200. I don't know what version of Konfig you currently have, but seeing as it is prompting an update to 4.50.110 I presume it's because you are actually at the first stages of the change to 4.50. The "50" was a major re-write of the code and you should be aware of that means, so here's the excerpt of the release notes. I've highlighted the things that have been removed:

Quote:Davaar 50 Build 110 (4.50.110) Released on 19 September 2016
Substantial internal changes, both to fix bugs and to enable future development
Improved clock recovery for DSM external digital inputs
Fixed crash on DHCP renewal
Simplified lip sync setup
Improved support for various codecs
Improved support for radio stations using HLS
Web Konfig page updated
‘Report to Linn’ from Kazoo now includes logs from your DS
A small number of features have been removed. If any of the following are very important to you, please stay on Davaar 37 for now.

Jukebox. (A replacement, with simplified setup, is planned.)
Third party AV receiver surround mode. (An improved replacement using Exakt is under development and coming soon.)
Control of CD player via a DS.

This release is available for the following DS products:

Klimax – DS, DSM, Renew
Akurate – DS, DSM, Renew
Majik – DS, DS-I, DSM
Sneaky Music DS
Sekrit DS-I
The following products will be added in a future release (hopefully very soon):

Sneaky DSM
Sekrit DSM
Kiko DSM
Note that some third party control points do not fully support this release:

Lumin can report but not control the DS volume. This has been diagnosed and reported as a bug in the Lumin app so will be fixed by a later Lumin update.
Chorus DS cannot discover a DS running Davaar 50. This was diagnosed as a bug in Chorus. Sadly, its developer has passed away so a fix is unlikely.
Several other control points, including Kazoo, BubbleDS Next and Kinsky work as before so could be used to supplement or replace any control point that no longer functions.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user