Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-04-26, 16:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers / Space Optimisation v / Pre-Planning My Next Space Optimization Trip To Europe-April/May 2018

Pre-Planning My Next Space Optimization Trip To Europe-April/May 2018
2018-04-17, 15:53
RE: Pre-Planning My Next Space Optimization Trip To Europe-April/May 2018
(2018-04-17 15:29)Paulssurround Wrote:  
(2018-04-17 09:35)DavidHB Wrote:  
(2018-04-17 08:41)Tin Wrote:  It will sound a lot better, and you will be very anxious not to buy things that would ruin Pauls work.
Your wife will feel relieved.

I think that this is what Tin meant Smile

Your wife shouldn't feel too relieved. Felt pads and tin foil come cheap enough, and it isn't Paul's way to suggest costly upgrades to other people's systems. But there are lots of expensive things you can do (such as going Katalyst with a DS(M) or an Exaktbox) while still retaining Paul's SO settings ...

David

Thanks David

I generally don’t suggest costly upgrades, but many people do ask what my suggested upgrade path would be for their system.
I know what I meant but this is one of those 'lost in translation' moments, I think I wanted to use cautious instead of anxious.
Anyway, biggest upgrade so far,no need for new things, wife happy, blah blah etc etc Smile

Tin can telephone system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-04-17, 18:27
Wink RE: Pre-Planning My Next Space Optimization Trip To Europe-April/May 2018
It’s almost time for Paul to have one more of his many adventures across the pond. Unlike you guys Paul lives just a couple of kilometres away from me. I have had eight or more space tweeks over the years. All of them an improvement over the last.
Recently I added a PS Audio P10 power regenerator to my system. I have a KDSM/E renew and my Klimax Solos with Dynamik power supply along with my 242 MK1 speakers.
With the P10 in my system there was a good improvement in all areas especially the bass being deeper.
I have a lot of sound absorption panels around my listening room to warm up the sound and help with bass. Now with the P10 in the system I found the bass to be a bit fat and slower. Out went a couple of absorption panels and the bass became tight and fast as well as deep. In the past I have seemed to over dampen my room and as my system gets better more of the panels are remove. One of the draw backs of removing the panels was the highs became fatiguing and forward. Funny how thing work out.
So.....I phone Paul to come over and have a listen and see what he thinks. He had the same opinion about the hi frequency being forward and bright.
Then Paul says let’s see what we can do about that. Off he goes to the computer in another room and does his magic. About four or so adjustments later all is better again and the system has never sounded this good.
I tell you all this so you can look forward to having Paul drop by and have a go at your systems.

All the best,
Allan
2018-04-17, 20:54
(2018-04-12 19:18)Paulssurround Wrote:  
(2018-04-12 08:50)Øyvind I Wrote:  Hi Paul, if you have to possibility for Norway that would be very interesting. I live just outside Oslo, and the snow will probably have melted in a few weeks time around here.
Speakers are about to be upgraded to Akubariks.

Reg Øyvind

Hello Reg,

Thank you for your interest in my potential visit to you in Oslo.

I would love to visit you in Oslo, but have a completely full schedule for this upcoming trip.

I will definitely visit with you next time I am in the UK. There are reasonably priced flights from the UK to Oslo, so should not be a problem.

Take care
Paul

Hi, this is marvellous.

Kind Regards

Øyvind

LP12, Keel, Radikal, Ekos 2, Kandid, Urika 1, Majik DSM/3, M6100, Akubarik
Secondary system: Linn LP12, Ittok LVII, Adikt/2, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I, MISO
M109 (+ a Basik and an Axis for the cottage)
2018-04-17, 23:48 (This post was last modified: 2018-04-17 23:51 by Paulssurround.)
(2018-04-17 18:27)allangaard Wrote:  It’s almost time for Paul to have one more of his many adventures across the pond. Unlike you guys Paul lives just a couple of kilometres away from me. I have had eight or more space tweeks over the years. All of them an improvement over the last.
Recently I added a PS Audio P10 power regenerator to my system. I have a KDSM/E renew and my Klimax Solos with Dynamik power supply along with my 242 MK1 speakers.
With the P10 in my system there was a good improvement in all areas especially the bass being deeper.
I have a lot of sound absorption panels around my listening room to warm up the sound and help with bass. Now with the P10 in the system I found the bass to be a bit fat and slower. Out went a couple of absorption panels and the bass became tight and fast as well as deep. In the past I have seemed to over dampen my room and as my system gets better more of the panels are remove. One of the draw backs of removing the panels was the highs became fatiguing and forward. Funny how thing work out.
So.....I phone Paul to come over and have a listen and see what he thinks. He had the same opinion about the hi frequency being forward and bright.
Then Paul says let’s see what we can do about that. Off he goes to the computer in another room and does his magic. About four or so adjustments later all is better again and the system has never sounded this good.
I tell you all this so you can look forward to having Paul drop by and have a go at your systems.

All the best,
Allan

Thanks Al,

That is very kind of you, and much appreciated.

I am very grateful that you, PDW, Finster, Ropedrag, Akamatsu, SanAla71 and other Linn owners living locally, let me practise Space optimization on your Linn systems, so it may benefit other Linn owners elsewhere. Big Grin

Your 242’s have never sounded better, and are a real treat to listen too.

(2018-04-17 20:54)Øyvind I Wrote:  
(2018-04-12 19:18)Paulssurround Wrote:  
(2018-04-12 08:50)Øyvind I Wrote:  Hi Paul, if you have to possibility for Norway that would be very interesting. I live just outside Oslo, and the snow will probably have melted in a few weeks time around here.
Speakers are about to be upgraded to Akubariks.

Reg Øyvind

Hello Reg,

Thank you for your interest in my potential visit to you in Oslo.

I would love to visit you in Oslo, but have a completely full schedule for this upcoming trip.

I will definitely visit with you next time I am in the UK. There are reasonably priced flights from the UK to Oslo, so should not be a problem.

Take care
Paul

Hi, this is marvellous.

Kind Regards

Øyvind

Thank you Reg

I am already thinking that my next thread, if I visit Norway, might be titled “Canada Invades The Vikings In Norway”. Big Grin

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, Akurate Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 105 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels
2018-04-23, 18:25
(2018-04-17 23:48)Paulssurround Wrote:  Kind Regards

Øyvind

Thank you Reg

I am already thinking that my next thread, if I visit Norway, might be titled “Canada Invades The Vikings In Norway”. Big Grin
[/quote]

Will watch this space :-)

Øyvind (not Reg)

LP12, Keel, Radikal, Ekos 2, Kandid, Urika 1, Majik DSM/3, M6100, Akubarik
Secondary system: Linn LP12, Ittok LVII, Adikt/2, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I, MISO
M109 (+ a Basik and an Axis for the cottage)