Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-21, 21:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 / 3rd Party Modifications and Parts v / Must I replace the SS top plate ?

Must I replace the SS top plate ?
Yesterday, 00:13
RE: Must I replace the SS top plate ?
Øyvind I wrote

Quote:As a bit of luck I stumbled across an almost unused 84 mod LP12 with Ittok.

check the year of production of cirkus, please.

Again, you do not need to complain your personal amplifier system again and again in the various public forum, sir. Big Grin
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Yesterday, 08:27
(Yesterday 00:13)Edmund Wrote:  Øyvind I wrote

Quote:As a bit of luck I stumbled across an almost unused 84 mod LP12 with Ittok.

Again, you do not need to complain your personal amplifier system again and again in the various public forum, sir. Big Grin
As written in org post cirkus was also changed
Regarding amplifier, it’s evident from the other thread that your not familiar with Linn Products and their design philosophy the last 30 years.

Any decent 1000 gbp amplifier would have shown the difference. Does not need to be costly. Source first.

LP12, Keel, Radikal, Ekos2, Kandid, Urika1, Akurate Exaktboks, 2xM6100, Akubarik
Secondary system: Linn LP12, Ittok LVII, Adikt/2, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I,
M109
Find all posts by this user
Yesterday, 08:29
Thread off topic!

‘troll
Yesterday, 19:04
(Yesterday 08:29)moomintroll Wrote:  Thread off topic!

‘troll

Very much so.
To get back to the heading - only if you want to!
Yesterday, 23:40
(Yesterday 08:27)Øyvind I Wrote:  
(Yesterday 00:13)Edmund Wrote:  Øyvind I wrote

As written in org post cirkus was also changed
Regarding amplifier, it’s evident from the other thread that your not familiar with Linn Products and their design philosophy the last 30 years. Big Grin

Any decent 1000 gbp amplifier would have shown the difference. Does not need to be costly. Source first.

I think one keep complain his personal amplifier sound boring after replacing the machined top plate. This discussion is related to the topic.

That link to other thread 'LP12 (modified) lost the tune' , that is why I thought your 1984 LP12 had never been modified with Cirkus, Cirkus is a kind of modification to your 1984 LP12.

'Price is what you pay, the value is what you get'.

1,000 gdp is enough for phono cable, power cord or interconnect at the big discounted price, not three of them, only pick 1 from 3 in the high-end Audio.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Today, 17:06
Back to the question of the OP.
I would not replace these original Linn parts by others:
Bearing with inner platter
Outer platter
Top Plate

Matt

LP12 / Exposure / JBL3677
Today, 19:25
(Today 17:06)matthias Wrote:  Back to the question of the OP.
I would not replace these original Linn parts by others:
Bearing with inner platter
Outer platter
Top Plate

Matt

Totally agree :-).

LP12, Keel, Radikal, Ekos2, Kandid, Urika1, Akurate Exaktboks, 2xM6100, Akubarik
Secondary system: Linn LP12, Ittok LVII, Adikt/2, AEDSM, Majik Exaktbox I,
M109
Today, 20:08
There is no one right answer here & never will be. If you want to own a Linn LP12 then keep it all Linn. If you want to own a Linn Heinz 57 Varieties then do as you like. It's the sound you like that matters!
Today, 20:27 (This post was last modified: Today 20:27 by moomintroll.)
(Today 20:08)Glyn Ruck Wrote:  There is no one right answer here & never will be. If you want to own a Linn LP12 then keep it all Linn. If you want to own a Linn Heinz 57 Varieties then do as you like. It's the sound you like that matters!

Absolutely, I seem to recall Ivor saying that someone had once asked him if it was OK to change some part of the LP12, or set it up differently. His response, in typical IT fashion, was along the lines of, “ Aye, do what the @#£& you like to it, you’ve paid for it. But it won’t be an LP12 anymore”

‘troll Tongue