Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-05-26, 18:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Meta / Off-topic v / windows 10 update

windows 10 update
2018-05-18, 19:01
RE: windows 10 update
(2018-05-18 14:34)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I just had the update-mare. First thing, it broke my soundcard drivers, then it was sooo slow it took about 2 seconds to recognise a touch. Some games just wouldn't even start.
Had a help session with Microsoft, gave him control, and within 5 minutes he had fixed it all.
So apart from it initially messing everything up, the fix was impressively quick and effective.

Interesting that you mentioned speed. I noticed that silly things like the free cell card game handles sluggishly compared to before. Out of interest do you know the area that they were in when they fixed it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-05-19, 06:25
RE: windows 10 update
(2018-05-18 19:01)Martin H Wrote:  
(2018-05-18 14:34)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  I just had the update-mare. First thing, it broke my soundcard drivers, then it was sooo slow it took about 2 seconds to recognise a touch. Some games just wouldn't even start.
Had a help session with Microsoft, gave him control, and within 5 minutes he had fixed it all.
So apart from it initially messing everything up, the fix was impressively quick and effective.

Interesting that you mentioned speed. I noticed that silly things like the free cell card game handles sluggishly compared to before. Out of interest do you know the area that they were in when they fixed it?

Device drivers, both the soundcard and there was another one that was "Unknown". Once he had fixed that it all seemed to speed up again. Now it's actually a bit faster than before.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply