Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Network Music Players & Music Streamers v / Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration

Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration
2018-06-12, 16:37
RE: Kazoo (my new wish list) or Kazoo "Katalyst" or Frustration
(2018-06-12 15:17)Briain Wrote:  
(2018-06-12 14:51)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  How did you get that to work before Bri? I still use the desktop version on my Win7 laptop on occasion - neither the cursor keys nor page keys do anything in Kazoo 4.8.xx

Hi

Just re-booted the laptop into Windows to check, and I see it has Kazoo CP version 4.8.1159 installed. If - for example - you navigate to a container of albums, then click on the blank area to the right of 'Play Now', 'Play Later' and the 3 dots, then hit the page down key, you can page down through all the albums. Same applies to any other container; click on that blank area to 'gain focus' for the page/arrow up/down keyboard keys.

The same trick does not work on the Windows Store version.

Bri

PS Why is this useful? I was trying to find an album where I could picture the cover, but not recall what it was called, so the page down feature makes that a lot easier (and thus faster) to work your way through thousands of album covers.

Oh yes, so it does. It must be the gaining focus that can be a bit hit and miss.
Certainly can see it's useful on a PC or when a tablet is in "laptop" mode.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo [Linx1010]

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-12, 16:43
(2018-06-12 16:26)Music at Home Wrote:  Has anyone mentioned that the 'back' function doesn't work as well as it could, in that it takes you back to the start of the previous list instead of back to the same point you came from?

+1 - it's verrry annoying...

@sergevb there was a thread somewhere where these things are mentioned, what would make the uber control point. But a lot of them are server-side functions. Kazoo Server as its merits, as do all the others. It seems it's highly unlikely that one size will ever fit all though.

Here it is: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=38783

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | Majik ExaktBox-I [on Custom Design iRAPs] | Majik 140, REL T5

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2018-06-12, 17:45
Come to think of it - the one size fits all has been very nearly achieved by Roon Wink

Hello to Jason Isaacs
2018-06-12, 19:35
(2018-06-12 17:45)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  Come to think of it - the one size fits all has been very nearly achieved by Roon Wink

Yes, but at the cost od world-domination, it achieves what it does by taking over absolutely everything, including sending the data to the renderer.

Linn created OpenHome to overcome some shortages with upnp at the renderer. Why then not extend that and override the shortcomings of the protocol between control-point and server. They have Kazoo server and Kazoo control point - and the control point only works with OpenHome renderers, why not go the whole hog and integrate them seamlessly to make a killer solution? Or at least extend OpenHome and publish the changes such that someone else could?

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Exaktbox Sub - BK Sub
Find all posts by this user
2018-06-13, 14:53
Hi Timster,

Thank you for pointing me on this thread. I could only add +1 to your list
http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.p...#pid465836

And add my 3 first wishes :
1- Show last played album, artist, tracks
2- Show new added albums, tracks
3- Tidal/Qobuz/Kazoo server : sorting by artist, album, date added

It will never be perfect but I am sure we can get a better Kazoo experience.
Hope this will happen soon... please Linn...

?

@sergevb there was a thread somewhere where these things are mentioned, what would make the uber control point. But a lot of them are server-side functions. Kazoo Server as its merits, as do all the others. It seems it's highly unlikely that one size will ever fit all though.

Here it is: http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/showthread.php?tid=38783
[/quote]

“It's not the time in your life, it's the life in your time.”
Bruce Springsteen
2018-06-13, 18:53
A "play from here" option within an album track list / playlist would be very nice. During my brief spell in the world of Naim, that was one of the few features in their control point that I felt was a nice touch, sadly missing from iOS Kazoo.
2018-06-13, 19:10
(2018-06-13 18:53)ac16161 Wrote:  A "play from here" option within an album track list / playlist would be very nice. During my brief spell in the world of Naim, that was one of the few features in their control point that I felt was a nice touch, sadly missing from iOS Kazoo.

Strongly seconded. It’s an absurd absentee, particularly for classical music.