Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-06-23, 16:36 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Turntables & Record Players: Linn Sondek LP12 v / Lingo 4 button sequence

Lingo 4 button sequence
2018-06-14, 06:57
RE: Lingo 4 button sequence
(2018-06-13 22:55)ThomasOK Wrote:  The replies above are correct. In fact a button press will start it at 33, another press will go 45 and a third press will go back to 33, etc. A press and hold will turn it off. It was a cause for some concern when I installed my first one as I wondered if it was not working correctly until I figured it out.

Personally I like the system on the Radikal the best: press once for 33, press and hold to switch speed in either direction, press once when running to switch off. (Unless you use the muting position of the switch on the back of the Radikal case which messes everything up.) You would think Linn might go for a little consistency here but I guess not.

Well, that's ideal. I might consider a Radikal if I upgrade my phono stage to a Urika. But I've only had the Lingo for a day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-06-14, 09:06
(2018-06-14 06:57)Aoxomoxoa Wrote:  Well, that's ideal. I might consider a Radikal if I upgrade my phono stage to a Urika. But I've only had the Lingo for a day!

You HAVE to have a Radikal BEFORE (or at least at the same time) as a Urika: Urika won't work without it.

KR

J
2018-06-14, 09:10
(2018-06-14 09:06)JDEC Wrote:  
(2018-06-14 06:57)Aoxomoxoa Wrote:  Well, that's ideal. I might consider a Radikal if I upgrade my phono stage to a Urika. But I've only had the Lingo for a day!

You HAVE to have a Radikal BEFORE (or at least at the same time) as a Urika: Urika won't work without it.

KR

J

Yes. I'd buy them together. One day.
2018-06-14, 16:12
(2018-06-14 06:46)Aoxomoxoa Wrote:  
(2018-06-13 18:41)Donald Wrote:  
(2018-06-13 18:22)Aoxomoxoa Wrote:  Thank you! I'm glad about that although the "old normal" would seem more logical to me.

Apparently the "new normal" is to bring the switch in line with the way young people use their phones i.e. a long press to turn it off.

It's good though that they kept the coloured lights for us older people - RED light for LPs and GREEN light for singles - well that's the way it was.

Now we have 45 RPM 12 inch vinyl but only sometimes! Smile

My first new LP after I'd received the new LP12, originally with Majik power supply, was Beach House's "Devotion". To my horror I found that it consisted of 2 x 45rpm 12" records, which you'll know the Majik won't do, without a (no longer included) adaptor. Not anywhere on the album did it say that it was to be played at 45rpm. My friendly record shop swapped it for something more "traditional".
It must be a trend. Last year I bought the latest Steven Wilson album "To the Bone". I was halfway through the first side before I decided that he wasn't really likely to sing that low for two tracks in a row and tried switching it to 45. All of a sudden it was the normal Steven back (although with a more 80s pop type of music), although I did lose that really potent low bass!Wink Nowhere on the sleeve, liner notes nor the record labels could I find a mention that it was 45RPM!

LP12SE Movingui • KRadikal • Kandid • Urika • Kremlin • LS-NAS • KRDS • Lejonklou Sagatun Monos & Tundra Mono 2As • JBL 3677s & 4645C Sub • NOKTable • Harmoni Mimer/Tor Racks
AV: Pioneer BDP51 BluRay • Akurate Kontrol • 2 LK280 SPARK • 4 Isobarik DMS • 2 DQ1W

www.nokturneaudio.com

Fine-tuning LP12s since 1978!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user