Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-15, 20:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Announcements & Linn News v / Linn launches summer promotion

Linn launches summer promotion
2018-07-09, 21:26
RE: Linn launches summer promotion
Still, the core value of the Linn brand - from my point of view - is sustainability. This translates exactly into those parts of the price list, that are excluded from the summer promotion. But isn't a promotion's purpose to push the less attractive articles. From this perspective everything looks fine Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-09, 22:58
(2018-07-09 20:58)adventuresinhifi Wrote:  
(2018-07-03 18:46)moomintroll Wrote:  I’m assuming that this offer is in addition to any trade-in value, of the legacy product, agreed with the dealer?

‘troll

Correct 'troll. We would be happy to provide a reasonable price for the legacy gear in addition to the 10% discount of the new Linn purchase. This is providing it is working, and in a saleable condition. If it isn't, then you would still be eligible for the 10% discount. Wink

So obviously Linn does not insist on sending in the traded in gear, but may I ask how much this offer does differ from any purchase not covered by the current promotion?

AEDSM > KEB/1 x 2 > Linn Silvers > A4200/1 x 2 > K200 > MISOs
2018-07-10, 09:57
This promo makes perfectly sense from a marketing point of view. If you assume there may be a bigger thing in the pipe in this fall and we all are crying for a summer promo what would marketing do? Just this. A promo that does not create damage in a few months but can be of help in circumstances.

KK/1/D, KDS/3, 2xKCTs/D into B&W 803 D3, Oppo 105, QNAP 439 Pro II, QNAP TS 453A
2018-07-10, 15:44
(2018-07-10 09:57)golke53 Wrote:  This promo makes perfectly sense from a marketing point of view. If you assume there may be a bigger thing in the pipe in this fall and we all are crying for a summer promo what would marketing do? Just this. A promo that does not create damage in a few months but can be of help in circumstances.

That's how I see it as well. The 10% provided the last nudge I needed to order my AEDSM & Exaktbox 6. Should be arriving in a week or two, so apparently I'm not the only one who's reacted to the offer!

Cheers

Roy

Main System: 1976 LP12 (with some updates till 1985), DV20X2L, ADSM Renew, Kaber Active X-over + 3x LK140, K600, Kabers, (Naim CD 5i, no longer actively used)
2018-07-10, 17:58
I think I've finally worked this one out.

For those of you not in the UK, it is probably worth a small explanation. In the past 5 or 6 weeks, the UK has seen very little to no rain (I know, I know, but really, I'm not making this up!). I think the last time this happened was in 1976, probably. We've regularly seen temperatures peaking at 30degC, even in Glasgow.

So its simple. Linn thinks we've had a fantastic Summer already, and we should all be grateful for that. So much so, that there's no need for a big promotional offer this year.

Main: N1ZH, AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AEBox/1; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, SeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2018-07-10, 18:49
(2018-07-10 15:44)RMA Wrote:  
(2018-07-10 09:57)golke53 Wrote:  This promo makes perfectly sense from a marketing point of view. If you assume there may be a bigger thing in the pipe in this fall and we all are crying for a summer promo what would marketing do? Just this. A promo that does not create damage in a few months but can be of help in circumstances.

That's how I see it as well. The 10% provided the last nudge I needed to order my AEDSM & Exaktbox 6. Should be arriving in a week or two, so apparently I'm not the only one who's reacted to the offer!

Cheers

Roy

Oh, you are going to love it.

Enjoy!!!

(2018-07-10 17:58)sunbeamgls Wrote:  I think I've finally worked this one out.

For those of you not in the UK, it is probably worth a small explanation. In the past 5 or 6 weeks, the UK has seen very little to no rain (I know, I know, but really, I'm not making this up!). I think the last time this happened was in 1976, probably. We've regularly seen temperatures peaking at 30degC, even in Glasgow.

So its simple. Linn thinks we've had a fantastic Summer already, and we should all be grateful for that. So much so, that there's no need for a big promotional offer this year.

If Linn wants to do a real summer promotion, they will adjust the discount to whatever the temperature is in Celsius that day.

So when the temperature reaches 30C, you get a 30% discount Tongue

Exakt Surround 5.0:
Katalyst Akubariks, AEDSM, AkuKat Exaktbox 6/4200 for 225 Centre, Majik Exaktbox I for 212 Surrounds, OPPO 203 on StillPoints, Cat8
Power: Environmental Potentials 2460, Shunyata Denali, Zitron Cobras, Alpha Digitals
Room Acoustics: SPACE, SubDude HT's, Acoustic Panels