Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-07-15, 20:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Announcements, News and Events / Linn Events v / Linn news in September?

Linn news in September?
2018-07-07, 11:02
Linn news in September?
Primeur Linn during XFI show 2018, 22 and 23 september in The Netherlands.

https://www.audiovideo2day.com/premium-a...-241424573

With roughly 250 participating brands and more than 60 listening rooms, XFI is unquestionably the largest high-end audio show in the Benelux. What is special is the fact that small 'cult brands' present themselves in a brotherly manner alongside big players in the audio world. The atmosphere is informal. Almost family. Here fans of music come together to enjoy music through the best possible audio and to orientate themselves on the latest purchase.

Participants in XFI literally come from all over the world and this year again a number of new exhibitors are added.

The legendary Cambridge Audio presents itself for the first time on XFI. But Spacial Audio with the brand new X1 loudspeaker also makes its appearance and renowned parties such as Klipsch, Magnat and Jamo also feature this year. The list is long: Kroma speakers from Italy, Shan Audio from the Czech Republic and the Swiss Goldmund. Last but not least: the Scottish Linn is also there and has reported a first to come - details later!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2018-07-07, 11:35
RE: Linn news in September?
Can you change the colour of your highlighted text, please? Very difficult to read against white background.

‘troll
2018-07-07, 11:49
Yep - can’t read it Wink

http://www.last.fm/user/mcgillroy

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - Kaber - Chakra active cards - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime & a Kudos tuner.
2018-07-07, 11:59 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-07 12:11 by Briain.)
Here's a handy wee tip to have in the back of one's mind:

There are quite a few web pages whereby text and background colour choices make it difficult to read the text, so one really handy trick to bear in mind (and one that I often use) is to select the text using your mouse or trackpad (as if you were planning to copy it) and the selected text will typically appear as light text against a dark background (though I guess the chosen desktop theme will impact upon what you get on your own machine) and thus be very readable.

I am not sure how Windows + Chrome (or the other browsers) handle selected text, but in my case (Debian and Iceweasel browser) the colour of the text is ignored, and selected text always appears as light text (even if the original text was black) against a dark background, as can be seen from the below screen-shot:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=12623]

Bri Smile

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

KDS/1 (music) + ADSM/3 (AV) -> KK/1 -> 350A + miniDSP time & phase aligned 345 rear sub
ADSM (@ Linn for /3) -> 2250/D -> 212 and Sizmik sub (bedroom)
Sneaky DS -> Roomamp -> 104C (awaiting installation in kitchen; home-brew 'floor sub' yet to be designed)
MDSI -> Shahinian Arc (installed at my mum's house)
2018-07-07, 13:38
Hmm. Cld be a trip

Main: N1ZH, AK/0/D; AEDSM; MeiCord AEBox/1; Silvers 2x A4200/1; K400 NSL Exakt dual-mono PMC Twenty.26; Twenty.C; Blacks AV5125 PMC Twenty.21
Playroom: SBT; V-DAC1; Cyrus6; M773e
Garage: SBT/Rega DAC; Arcam AVR100; 2x AV5125; Aktiv Ninkas, Trikan, SeKretan
www.audiophilemusings.co.uk
2018-07-07, 14:25
Anybody in on a bet!?

I’d say new speakers between 140 and Akudorik.

MDSM/2 - 6100/D - Kaber - Chakra active cards - Nubert 441w sub + Qobuz Sublime & a Kudos tuner.
2018-07-07, 14:28
(2018-07-07 14:25)mcgillroy Wrote:  Anybody in on a bet!?

That would match what my dealer said, very cryptically, a few months ago.
A 3-way floor stander...

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2018-07-07, 14:52
(2018-07-07 14:28)timster (RadiatorCatHammock) Wrote:  
(2018-07-07 14:25)mcgillroy Wrote:  Anybody in on a bet!?

That would match what my dealer said, very cryptically, a few months ago.
A 3-way floor stander...

That would be great and might even compel me to part with my Kabers.

2018-07-07, 23:16 (This post was last modified: 2018-07-07 23:17 by Catweazle.)
So I better save my upgrade budget further on, just commit the Katalyst thing, and wait what happens? I'm not unhappy with my Espeked AV5140s, but a new cat-proof 3-way design might be most attractive. Akubariks are nice but replacing the 3-way Exakt infratructure is for me just a bridge too far.