Linn Forums

Current time: 2018-08-14, 18:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Getting Started / Ask a Question v / Print Playlist?

Print Playlist?
2018-08-12, 16:30
RE: Print Playlist?
Like this:

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5
♫ ♫ Rega RP1, [QNAP HS-251+, Jitterbug, MinimServer, Asset], Kazoo

AV: Marantz NR1506 | B&W 620(C), M1(S), REL T5 (LFE) | Fronts powered by Linn
Net: NetGear DGN2200 | GS108 | AQ Forest x3

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Today, 09:27 (This post was last modified: Today 09:33 by jwka.)
does not work for me (Win 7) Any time I click ANYWHERE to a song in a playlist, this song gets highlighted simply.

And that, by the way is one of the reasons neither home automation nor streaming will really make it into commodity:

The vendors haven't yet understood that people are fed up wit updating and updating. Every update brings new faults, incompatibilities etc.

But in home automation and streaming i want to invest once, setup once and use for 10 or more years. SIMPLY USE WHAT I HAVE.

That's what vendors need to learn: How to stay backwards compatible ... menas: maintain SAME software vgersion (from GUI standpoint at least) thru OS-Versions and make newer software to be able to control old hardware. And old does not mean 4 years ... it means 10++ years.

At least needed in consumer products like this.
Find all posts by this user
Today, 10:28
Windows 7 Kazoo is no longer being developed. You need to upgrade to Windows 10.

♫ ♫ Akurate EDSM | AEBox10 [on Custom Design iRAPs] | M6100+2100 | Majik 140 [on alu stands] | REL T5

Hello to Jason Isaacs
Today, 16:41
As we are already far off topic ...

@timster: Yes. This is exactly the shit I wrote about in my post above yours.

Does Linn REALLY think anyone upgrades the operating system (and accepts loads of hassle with other things NOT running under Win 10, drivers not available etc. etc.) just because they do not support Kazoo (not taking about Kinsky) anymore?

How arrogant can one be?

Wrong. Before I do that, I will kick out the Linn stuff ... there are other vendors on the market meanwhile that have comparable sound quality.

Remember: A good reputation is hard to build but easy to destroy. And they do a good job on the latter.
Today, 16:50
Unless you buy a record player and use a remote control for the amp volume I think you are doomed to digital disappointment regardless of vendor. Blaming Linn for the vagaries of operating system development and compatibility is a little unfair.

ADs/2 -> Klimax Exaktbox/1 -> Silvers -> 2xKCT/D -> K200 -> Ninka
Today, 17:50
They still support it but they don't DEVELOP it. New features etc. And I don;t blame them. They can't keep on writing new things for legacy systems/OS's that don't support a lot of the new functionality anyway. Who does?

Hello to Jason Isaacs