Linn Forums

Current time: 2014-09-01, 19:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Info / Forum and Web v / Another Test

Another Test
2009-10-06, 23:29 (This post was last modified: 2009-10-06 23:30 by rowlandhills.)
Another Test
Just for TomBK....a test thread to try deletion...
I see what you mean Tom....Smile

There's no "x" icon to delete my post when it's the first one in the thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2009-10-06, 23:32
RE: Another Test
If you click "Edit" then "Full Edit" a page is shown which does have a checkbox at the top that should allow deletion, but selecting it results in this error
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
2009-10-06, 23:33 (This post was last modified: 2009-10-07 10:10 by TomBK.)
That's exactly what happens...

So the author has no rights but any other poster does...!

(2009-10-06 23:32)rowlandhills Wrote:  If you click "Edit" then "Full Edit" a page is shown which does have a checkbox at the top that should allow deletion, but selecting it results in this error
Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)

Just deleted my own "reply" post...

Not really very great, is it???Sad

5103 • ADS1 • 2xSoloD • 242's quinwired k600+k400 • silver ics
2009-10-06, 23:47
Actually, I don't mind the "new replies are added to the latest reply" thing. Usually if I post a second reply to a thread it's because I forgot something in my original post and can't be bothered to edit it, so I like the way that the system consolidates both posts together.

If someone else posts between your original and your next reply, they still come up as different posts, it's only if no-one's posted since your last post that they get merged.
2009-10-06, 23:47 (This post was last modified: 2009-10-06 23:49 by Keltik Klown.)
(2009-10-06 23:33)TomBK Wrote:  AND NEW REPLIES ARE ADDED TO THE LATEST REPLY!!!

That's one I'd noticed.

Isn't it great when forum software gets upgraded Shy More often than not we get a whole bunch of new features we didn't know we needed and all the old ones we liked get broken Tongue Hang on -- I think I've just described Twonky Media Server? Big Grin

LP12 (1988 Fluted Afromosia) | Ekos SE | ESC Arkiv-B | Lingo | Linto
SneakyDS | ReadyNAS Duo | Twonky 6.0.34 | Kinksy
Renew KK | 5125s | Keltik + Klimax Aktiv Crossovers (main)
5103 | 5125s | Centrik Mk 1 | Tukan (Aktiv surround)
2009-10-06, 23:56
(2009-10-06 23:47)Willi Murray Wrote:  Isn't it great when forum software gets upgraded Shy More often than not we get a whole bunch of new features we didn't know we needed and all the old ones we liked get broken Tongue Hang on -- I think I've just described Twonky Media Server? Big Grin

Big Grin
2009-10-07, 00:05 (This post was last modified: 2009-10-07 10:10 by TomBK.)
Yep, and we haven't even seen the worst of 5.0.68 yet..!!!Big Grin
(2009-10-06 23:47)rowlandhills Wrote:  Actually, I don't mind the "new replies are added to the latest reply" thing. Usually if I post a second reply to a thread it's because I forgot something in my original post and can't be bothered to edit it, so I like the way that the system consolidates both posts together.

If someone else posts between your original and your next reply, they still come up as different posts, it's only if no-one's posted since your last post that they get merged.

Maybe in the forums beneith these 3 it's treated as anormal post, not quite sure though.

Would like to see the blue arrow, whenever I post a new "post"...

5103 • ADS1 • 2xSoloD • 242's quinwired k600+k400 • silver ics