Linn Forums

Current time: 2017-10-23, 01:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Linn Forums / Linn Music Systems & Hi-fi Separates / Hi-Fi Separates and Components v / Show us your LINN system

Show us your LINN system
2009-02-01, 03:30
RE: Show us your LINN system
Hi Guys

Thought I would revitalize this thread and invite all of you over for a drinkCool.

Haven't got much to add, except - yes I have prober skeets but they don't do the music any good in my set-up and Bri! I seriously need you to do some new-age wifi networking on my cablesBig Grin. I need them to disappearTongue. The Duo has been confined to the attic being too noisy, so I have wired the house with CAT5.(That was a lot of fun:rolleyesSmile. The KarikNumerik combo have been made redundant so they now reside in the Museum of Long Gone Technologies.(Well, the office).

EnjoyWink

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

5103 • ADS1 • 2xSoloD • 242's quinwired k600+k400 • silver ics
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2009-02-05, 07:51
In the new flat i have much more place......

[Image: ssc_3265ng9a.jpg]

[Image: ssc_3261emx6.jpg]

[Image: ssc_3262fjpy.jpg]

[Image: ssc_3264uib1.jpg]

[Image: ssc_32663ig1.jpg]

*** Linn Majik-I, Linn Majik CD, Martin Logan Mosaic ***
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2009-02-05, 08:01

Haven't added pics before, so we'll see how this works out.
2009-02-05, 15:05
TomBK Wrote:Hi Guys

Thought I would revitalize this thread and invite all of you over for a drinkCool.

Haven't got much to add, except - yes I have prober skeets but they don't do the music any good in my set-up and Bri! I seriously need you to do some new-age wifi networking on my cablesBig Grin. I need them to disappearTongue. The Duo has been confined to the attic being too noisy, so I have wired the house with CAT5.(That was a lot of fun:rolleyesSmile. The KarikNumerik combo have been made redundant so they now reside in the Museum of Long Gone Technologies.(Well, the office).

EnjoyWink

Hi Tom,

Good to find another Linn/Apple enthusiast! I have a K-DS, Kisto and a pair of Solo's - so similar setup.

What I don't have right now is Linn speakers. Guess I was put off earlier in my audio buying cycle when comparing Katan's to Dynaudio offerings and the Katan's had no top end definition at all compared to the Dyn's. Currently have a pair of Dynaudio Confidence C1's - which are incredible stand mounts.

Anyway - would love to know what you think of the 242's? Had considered Artikulat/Klimax but just can't afford.

Interesting that it looks like you drive them using a pair of Solo's in passive configuration - most other Linn speaker owners seem to use them active with multiple amps and I had the feeling Linn passive crossovers weren't much chop since they put all their efforts in to active. Do you think they are OK passive - are you tempted to go active?

Which other speakers have you owned or compared the 242's to?

Cheers,
Garner.

_________
Klimax DS/Klimax Kontrol/1 /Klimax Solo's/Dynaudio Confidence C1's/Kisto
Linn obsession slowly sending me broke.
2009-02-05, 20:15
Hi Garner

All with frontend as in signature(No DS of course)

Keilidhs 1 Klout: Fun - my first real system.

Keilidhs active 3 Klouts: Still dream about this one. I think mellow is the best way to describe this set-up. Did some major partying then.

5140's 2 solos: Didn't really give these a chance because then came:

Espeks 2 Solos: They had some awesome thunderbass but lacked a lot in all other categories. Wouldn't want to drive these with anything less than 6 SolosBig Grin active, no kidding, but a very difficult speaker to drive. And then came the 242's.
I think grown up is a very good way of describing them. They do a very good job of delivering a nuanced soundstage. Especially vocals and instruments are fenomonal. With the DS they really deliver both bass and top end. Have heard that the new ones should be even better so definately a good choice if Artikulate/350's are a bit too much.

I don't quite follow you in the active/passive thing: You do know it takes 10 solos + an active Tunebox to go active with 242's?Rolleyes - just a wee bit out of my league.

My next upgrade is KK, followed by maybe new 242's or Artikulat 350's. That should make a nice system and by not choosing 350 Klimax I can still dream about those 10 SolosBig Grin or is i only 8, I'm not sure.(Really don't think about this option muchWink)

But wouldn't consider going active with anything but Solos. They are special!

2009-02-05, 23:17
You need 10 Solos for active 242's AND a rack that can host 12 silver boxes!
Should really look smart.
Then a separate rack for the source/pre...

See you @ http://www.lejonklou.com/forum
2009-02-05, 23:38
Music Lover Wrote:You need 10 Solos for active 242's AND a rack that can host 12 silver boxes!
Should really look smart.
Then a separate rack for the source/pre...

Hi Music Lover

Can't seem to find a pic of your system in the threadSmile but am still looking...

What I meant was that getting Klimax 350A's is the final decision and doesn't leave any room for dreamingWink And isn't that what it is all about?

2009-02-18, 17:47
My LINN system new photos

My LINN music system:LP12(KEEL+EKOS SE+AKIVA),lingo,uphorik,undisc2.1[Dynamik],Klimax DS ,Klimax kontrol SE,Klimax Chakra Twin,Artikulat350
other 1:rogers ls3/5a &spendor ls3/5a ,opera audio m100,
RipNAS
2009-02-18, 20:04
linnman Wrote:My LINN system new photos

Nice!

Looks like you have 0 "toe-in" on the speakers. Have you experimented with position? Just curious as I have mine projecting about a meter behind the listening spot and that seemed optimal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
#1: KDS,KK,SME20/2A w/Akiva, Uphorik, Exakt 350A, Transparent Reference XL Cables
#2: LP12 40th Aniv.,KDS,Unidisc 1.1,KK Solosx2,Kremlin,LP12, Wilson Duette 2,JL Audio F113, Transparent XL Cables
#3: Klimax Renew, Klimax Chakra twin, Akurate Pre, Majik 109s, Akurate Sub
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
2009-09-14, 11:23
My Linn AV System.

Still love it everytime I listen to it!

Unidisk SC/Majik 6100/Aktiv Ninka bi-wired/LK 400/Linn Silver Interconnects/Sonos ZP80 but wants a DS